• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

new to the SHO, Having some issues now

Started by jay.denning73, June 10, 2018, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay.denning73

Although, it cant be that simple can it??

AJP send me some info on how to contact you. The shop I am using has an HPtuners datalogger and we are gonna take the car for a ride and see what we can log. if you can read it we can email it to you..

StealBlueSho

Quote from: jay.denning73 on June 10, 2018, 09:15:02 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 10, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Oh! The relay that controls that bank 2 timing actuator runs under the battery... if that got damaged or melted by the turbo... there ya go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have the shop pull the turbo at the same time and look under it and the battery tray look for melted components!!

Thanks for that tidbit

It could be... that actuator reports back to the ECU to cam position... if it's not working it reverts to a neutral setting... depending on how it's tuned... if that wire is severed or damaged ... it could very well cause bank 2 to be completely off...

When mine was going out I had all kinds of issues.. rough idle... loss of power.. random spikes of KR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay.denning73

I just went out and kinda looked the best I could. Its kinda hard from this wheelchair to see alot. But as far as I can tell everything is intact. But I am not sure where the location is and everything is wrapped and protected from heat. The turbo mount is very stout and I cant see much around it.

I did find 2 plugs on both banks not plugged in. They have a yellow and gray wires in each. not sure what they go to.

Do you know the close location of what I am looking for?

glock-coma

Wild guess the 2 plugs that are not plugged in are for the OEM blow off valves.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)