• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible misfire on cold starts question.

Started by DstryEvrytng, May 27, 2018, 02:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DstryEvrytng

Glad to hear the single screw is normal. Weird that the mounting surface on the intake looks like the other hole was filled and sanded recently.

Yes by the end of the evening everything compiled to a win. Especially when my son ran out and realised his "fast car" was back. Lol

I forgot to mention the dealer topped off the ptu. I had asked them to change the oil but they said "we just topped it off with a quart because its a lifetime fluid". Lol. Wtf.
I asked "if its a lifetime fluid then where did the quart it was missing go". No logical answer to that one lol
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

ZSHO

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on June 08, 2018, 09:46:56 PM
Got the car back today. After 7 days in the shop.

They said the ptu leak was from an "rf axle seal" and suposedly replaced. To me that means right front axle seal but the ptu was leaking from the rear output. Idk, i havent been under this thing ywt but im going to need too asap.

The brake booster leak was due to the vent tube at the intake coming off. As that is an stc fitting ill hafta blame that on my mech that changed the plugs.

New thing now though. I started cleaning the sensors to chase down the missfire, which it still has just not as noticable due to warmer weather. And found this T20 screw missing and obviously the shaft was broken off and the hole filled, milled and just left like that.
Wtf?? Im about to sperg out on the dealer.

Edit= Cleaning the pictured sensor on top of the intake and the big one on the cac tube did fix the missfire. So thats a win.
Its kind of stange that the intake manifold does appear to be shaved down IMO!!!! GLAD to see the excitement with your son and all which brings back fond memories! Enjoy.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

topped it off ... LOL LOL LOL

yes kids do seem to get permagrins too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!