• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Embedding videos

Started by SHOw-Me State, June 07, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOw-Me State

Hello,
Still can't figure out how to embed Youtube videos.  Just copied and pasted the video URL into the post (and removed the 's' from https) as I've found through other help topics, but it still just provides a link versus truly embedding the video.

Is it possible?

Thanks!
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

ZSHO

This Forum does not like the S after the http and simply Remove the S and ADD A COLON : next to it. LMK.  Z

http://

! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOw-Me State

Thanks!  Yeah, I did remove the 's'.  So, in your response post, did you also try to add an embedded video too?  Shows a large space, with a link stating "! No longer available".

As reference, I made a new post in the "Wheels" section.  Tried embedding 3 videos there.  It spaces out 3 areas that you would expect to see the videos, but instead lists the link in each of those spaces.

Was unsure if we are supposed to use any kind of coding, buttons, etc. with the link enclosed.

The links do work, just not embedded as a thought.  More curious than anything!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOw-Me State on June 07, 2018, 07:11:49 PM
Thanks!  Yeah, I did remove the 's'.  So, in your response post, did you also try to add an embedded video too?  Shows a large space, with a link stating "! No longer available".

As reference, I made a new post in the "Wheels" section.  Tried embedding 3 videos there.  It spaces out 3 areas that you would expect to see the videos, but instead lists the link in each of those spaces.

Was unsure if we are supposed to use any kind of coding, buttons, etc. with the link enclosed.

The links do work, just not embedded as a thought.  More curious than anything!
The latest Forum version of SMF unfortunately does not support embedded videos.  Z   :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOw-Me State

Cool.  No worries!  Was just curious because I recall seeing them a while back.  The links work though, so not really a problem.

Thanks!

SHOdded

If your software does not support Flash, like Safari on my iPad, blank space shows instead.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOw-Me State

Hmm.  Maybe that's it.  Using Chrome, and I think it doesn't support Flash any longer.  Tried on Microsoft Edge, and changed a setting there to 'allow Flash', but still don't see embedded.  Much to do about nothing really--no worries!

Oddly, on either browser, my post shows large spaces where you would expect to see the embedding and instead see a blue hyperlink (that I inserted in the post).  Those links take you to new tab and play just fine.

So, the forum must *think* it is a video (and space for it), but then just posts the hyperlink instead.  I see the coding buttons about "Insert Flash".  Should that be used and then the link or portion of the link enclosed inside?

Again, more curious than anything!

Thanks guys!

ZSHO

I'm trying try to break the Code!  Z

ZSHO

ATTN All Members!

As many of you know the embedding feature
for posting Youtube videos has not been active for quite sometime know and me and SHOdded have been working diligently to make this feature readily available for all members to have access and found a solution which enables this feature!
As mentioned above needed to break the code. Lol.  Z   ;)
Btw will provide exact configurations shortly.   :)

ZSHO

I found this after much of Trial and error and much patience!  Z

I found reverting back to the OLD VERSION OF YOUTUBE To do the Trick!

1) Hit the FLASH BUTTON HIGHLIGHTED IN RED ABOVE!

3) Need to change the pixel ratio from 200,200 to 480,380

4)THERE IS NO NEED To remove the S after the Https!

5)SHARE AND THEN PRESS EMBED AND COPY THIS LINK TO THE BELOW VIDEO BETWEEN THE FLASH INSERT AS MENTIONED ^^^^

I ALSO LIKE TO USE CENTERED FOR IMAGES OR VIDS!

SAMPLE BELOW!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eNMKx0zEEBs

:clap2:                                            :party:                                              :clap2:

ZSHO

Here is the FULL LINK! DUE make sure to COPY THE ELEVEN CHARACTERS After the embed and slash / Highlighted below and simply paste it.......
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Z   :)

TopherSho

FYI I have not tried a video ... BUT you can post image links from FB as IMG links such has this ::

Mark your post as private you only,  post your image,  click it to go to that post then right click and hit 'copy image address' .

In the post here hit old Monalisa and paste the link in between the IMG tags..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ZSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on June 28, 2018, 10:19:50 PM
FYI I have not tried a video ... BUT you can post image links from FB as IMG links such has this ::

Mark your post as private you only,  post your image,  click it to go to that post then right click and hit 'copy image address' .

In the post here hit old Monalisa and paste the link in between the IMG tags..
No issues inserting images but embedding a video was a problem for quite sometime know! I think it needed a good ole fashioned lashing.Lol  Z