• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Extended Warranty!

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 03, 2018, 09:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TASK_FORCE187

So I just had my engine replaced along with both turbos. I wasn't tuned at the time because I went in for my PTU to get replaced as well. All of this was covered under my extended warranty thank GOD. When I got my car back I want to VTA again but when I did that I noticed that it keeps going off every second. This is when stepping on it full throttle can any please tell me why and how I can fix it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Welcome aboard! Check your Font BOV!  It could be leaking from there and cascading down to your oil pan!  Hows the oil level ?  What type of vehicle ?
Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

If its leaking what would it be leaking? how can I check?

TASK_FORCE187

Gjkrisa

What is vta? And what kept going off at full throttle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 03, 2018, 10:33:27 AM
If its leaking what would it be leaking? how can I check?
Check to see if there is any motor oil preferably outside/inside of the Front BOV!
The BOV has a rubber diaphram inside which can be worn out causing the flutter!  Two 8mm socket bolts.
I guess you can always swap out the BOV to see if the noise has changed. 
IMHO if you have oil present bring it back to the dealer @ your earliest convenience pronto! 
Btw make sure to revert back to stock tune and all! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

I did put my finger inside of it and noticed a little bit of oil. Should I change the Rubber seal

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: Gjkrisa on June 03, 2018, 12:20:01 PM
What is vta? And what kept going off at full throttle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
vent to atmosphere. My Blow of valve if I'm holding the gas pedal down my blow of valve keeps going off with out releasing the gas pedal

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 03, 2018, 12:31:36 PM
I did put my finger inside of it and noticed a little bit of oil. Should I change the Rubber seal

That dont sound right. Lol

SHOdded

I dont think the seal is replaceable.  The BOV has to be changed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TASK_FORCE187

That sucks. My extended warranty should cover it but how do I tell them? I dont want them knowing that I VTA

ZSHO

Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 03, 2018, 12:50:33 PM
That sucks. My extended warranty should cover it but how do I tell them? I dont want them knowing that I VTA

Revert back to stock Tune and all! I would simply say there is oil leaking on the floor.
I believe a new Long Block does not come with new BOV IIRC! Perhaps the original ones were used! Correct me if I'm wrong!  Z

SHOdded

Here's Z very own images of what a fully functional BOV looks like.  It is the orange seal that ruptures and causes issues

What a blown seal looks like https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5936.msg93773.html#msg93773

TASK_FORCE187

Why is it that this is on the bottom of some 3.5 SHO when I had my engine replaced this part looked off