• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

aFe intake for SHO group buy

Started by Blackhawk, June 01, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhawk

I have no affiliation and no benefit but mods please take this down if not allowed.

aFe is about to release their revised intake which includes a cover now.  Previously it was just advertised for the explorer sport.

http://hs.afepower.com/magnum-force-group-buy-registration

derfdog15

The cover is nice...but why is it metal? That defeats the purpose entirely. If they did it in plastic it may be worth it.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

gtmorgan23

the lid is plastic.

The box part does appear to be metal. Not sure why they went that route. I will ask and try to get you an answer.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

derfdog15

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on June 04, 2018, 05:52:58 PM
the lid is plastic.

The box part does appear to be metal. Not sure why they went that route. I will ask and try to get you an answer.

I saw they listed it as powdercoated, hence my questioning. I learned a long time ago, putting a metal CAI in place of a stock plastic one, almost never is worth it. Hardpipes in a turbo system are one thing, due to the pressure, but for the intake IMO there is no reason not to run a plastic one.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

mjhpadi

Currently have the Airaid CAI but would really be interested in this one...and maybe a second if they do one for my 98 Mustang GT and would include it in the group buy. But even if they nix the Mustang would still be very interested in one for the SHO.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SoCalFlexin

Will this fit the Flex?
2012 Titanium EB Flex White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

SHOdded

It should.  Crossreference k&n or airaid intakes see compatibilty list.  That would be my guidepost.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

gtmorgan23

Im waiting for mine. I am in the first 25 group so Ill post up about it whenever it arrives.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

ZSHO

The intake is compatible with the SHO/FLEX/XSPORT AFAIK & should Fit!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Twintrbskies

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on June 15, 2018, 05:51:56 PM
Im waiting for mine. I am in the first 25 group so Ill post up about it whenever it arrives.

Me and you both bro. Waiting on the email...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SaveMelMac

Anyone know the price these are going for?

gtmorgan23

Quote from: SaveMelMac on June 20, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
Anyone know the price these are going for?

I think if you were in the initial group buy you got it for $249 with an included cleaning kit.

I think regular price is $299.

Dont quote me on it but I believe that is what I remember.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

mjhpadi

I am about to register, but sure would be nice to know pricing....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

gtmorgan23

im trying to get confirmation on exact prices.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

gtmorgan23

What I was told:

If you can still get in the pre-order then - $250+tax and free shipping, comes with a cleaning kit.

Normal price will be $299+tax and shipping.

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can