• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lucas Oil Slick Mist spray wax.

Started by DstryEvrytng, June 01, 2018, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DstryEvrytng

I didnt see a detailing or cleaning section so here this is.

https://lucasoil.com/products/appearance-products/slick-mist-speed-wax

Is a wonderful thing. It really is unbeleivable how good this stuff works even spraying on a wet finish and drying the car as you normally would (or should lol).

I would put this in the category of  "im not hand waxing ever again".

Sorry if its old news but i recently found it and imo it is far better than any spray wax/detailer on the market.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Thx for putting this in the right place. I totally missed the detail section.

Im not sure yet how durable it is. I used it on the wifes 4runner. Just did the cheesy way of misting the car before towel drying it and it looked very "slick". Lol. Best looking spray wax ive used and ive used almost all of them.

I also tested it on the SHO. Mist and wiped the hood and trunk lid, it did alrdy have week ild eagle one spray on it tho. It looked great, covers minor swirls and very deep lustre. But. As you know the SHO has been in the shop so i cant attest to how long the stuff lasts yet.

I normally wash the cars every week so if the mist before drying method looks as good on the SHO as the 4 runner im gonna be very happy. I dont see why not as the 4runner is a pretty dark grey with flake. But that flake in the tuxedo black is pretty darn prominant. Almost would rather just have straight black. 😝

Also the slick mist does great on the unfinished plastic. Shines it up decently and leaves no residue. Not nearly as shiny as using tire shine or cover all but looks real good.

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: SHOdded on June 01, 2018, 06:58:58 PM
How long does it last?

I finally got my sho back today. So 7 days later and i gave her a wash. The hood and trunk lid (where i tested sprayed) beaded up and towel dried to a very slippery mirrored finish.

The car had been at the dealer all week so it was parked outside, rained on and sun beat.

So then i watered down the sho, misted it with the slick mist and towel dried. Looks really good. Bug guts aside anyways.

Tomorrow i will wash the 4runner and report back.

mjhpadi

It is good stuff but I like Aerospace 303 spray wax a little better, seems to be longer lasting and just as easy to apply.  Another great product is F11 Top Coat, it leaves the finish looking amazing but it is expensive around $60 for a quart which will last a long time. I tried the 2oz trial size and did both the SHO and my Mustang. 
My go to products have been and continue to be Adam's Polishes products.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: mjhpadi on June 09, 2018, 01:00:41 AM
It is good stuff but I like Aerospace 303 spray wax a little better, seems to be longer lasting and just as easy to apply.  Another great product is F11 Top Coat, it leaves the finish looking amazing but it is expensive around $60 for a quart which will last a long time. I tried the 2oz trial size and did both the SHO and my Mustang. 
i tried the f11 topcoat and it did give a great shine but didn't even last through 1 wash. not durable at all.
it's essentially a sealant and gloss enhancer.
i've had better luck with adams H20 guard and gloss. gives similar shine to f11 but WAY cheaper and lasts through a few washes at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

mjhpadi

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on June 11, 2018, 01:43:10 AM
Quote from: mjhpadi on June 09, 2018, 01:00:41 AM
i tried the f11 topcoat and it did give a great shine but didn't even last through 1 wash. not durable at all.
it's essentially a sealant and gloss enhancer.
i've had better luck with adams H20 guard and gloss. gives similar shine to f11 but WAY cheaper and lasts through a few washes at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only tried the Top Coat trial size and was impressed with the shine....don't know about lasting since I usually go over my vehicles with Detail Spray or a spray wax at least 2 times a week.  But I agree Adam's stuff is all great and long lasting...easy to apply and remove. But the best part of any Adam's product is that it comes with a money back guarantee....but I have never been disappointed with Adam's or wanted to return any product.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350