• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Nano Coat

Started by StealBlueSho, May 29, 2018, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So I have been doing some research on this....

Apparently this is the ceramic nano coating service offered by the dealership my new to me SHO was obtained from. It comes with a 5-7 year guarantee.

From what I am reading I am NOT supposed to wax this car as it defeats the purpose and actually covers over the ceramic protection which can lead to hazing...

I have never paid for these services when purchasing a car so I am unfamiliar with it. Anyone in here have similar? I was getting ready to clean up/wax the SHO for Carlisle but it appears that all I should do is a good clean...

Since owning I have noticed that water literally beads off this car quite easily and bug guts which are usually the bane of my existence just wipe off with soap/water. The ease of cleaning this car is what made me look into what exactly that nano coating was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

A good pressure washer and foam cannon are the ultimate tools for keeping it all clean once your vehicle is coated.  Have not heard of not waxing on top of a ceramic coat, but most people don't anyway.

If the water just sheets away, the coating is good.  If you start to see beading, the coating is breaking down.

! No longer available
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

If you can find out the specific product used on your SHO, you will know for sure about waxing

https://www.autogeek.net/how-to-apply-a-car-paint-coating.html
Can you apply a wax over top a paint coating?  That depends on the coating.  Most coating manufacturers state that a wax or sealant will not adhere to their coatin, while McKee's 37 specifically states that you can apply a carnauba wax or sealant on top of their coating.  If your goal is to create mile-deep reflections before going to a car show, a coating that is compatible with a wax or sealant is the best choice for your application.

To quote one of mjhpadi's favorite product lines :)
https://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/chemical-sale/adam-s-ceramic-paste-wax.html
QuoteADAM'S NEW CERAMIC PASTE WAX
Adam's NEW Ceramic Paste Wax
$99.99
Premium Ceramic Paste Wax can be used as stand alone protection, or to extend the longevity of your ceramic coating.

This special formula works outstanding on any paint finish, but it is perfect for use as a topper over a ceramic coating, if you have the urge to apply a wax onto a coated vehicle. We receive dozens of phone calls and emails asking if it is safe to apply our Paint Sealant, Buttery Wax, Detail Spray, Americana, H2O Guard & Gloss, and so on over a ceramic coated vehicle. While you can apply these products over a ceramic coating, they can detract from the behavior of the coating itself. This is where Adam's Ceramic Paste Wax fits into the detail process - it's the perfect option for those that wish to apply another layer of wax protection on top of a ceramic coating, but it works amazing on non-coated vehicles too!

At 33% SiO2 content, Adam's Ceramic Paste Wax provides increased detergency resistance (more stability through multiple washes), temperature stability (higher melting point), and greater hydrophobic behavior (more water repellancy) over its natural counterparts. Since this wax is inorganic, this also makes it more uniform, as it is not based on a naturally derived wax. This Ceramic Paste Wax can last up to twice as long per application as a traditional carnauba paste wax. Application is nearly as easy as a carnauba wax, but it can be a little more difficult to work with if left to reside on the surface for too long or if worked over too large of a surface area at once (as is traditionally done). It should be treated slightly different, by applying it to one panel at a time or smaller and then removing with a plush microfiber towel before moving onto the next area.

Instructions:

1. Wash and dry vehicle. Clay and polish for best results. Move vehicle indoors or into the shade if possible.
2. Apply wax over a small area, one panel or smaller at a time. Apply to paint only - avoid textured plastic and rubber trim.
3. Allow wax to haze. Do not allow wax to cure onto surface for a lengthy period of time or on a large area, as this can increse the effort required for removal.
4. Remove residue using an Adam's Premium Microfiber Towel.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

And do not use a chamois to dry the car with ceramic coating.
How much was your coating?
It goes for about 1500-2500 here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

SBS, I would PM ConcoursJohn.

He is one of the best there is when it comes to this stuff.

StealBlueSho

I am unsure this cost, it's in the dealership paperwork for the car. It was done when the car was purchased in 2016 and again when the car was traded in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 29, 2018, 09:37:11 AMI was getting ready to clean up/wax the SHO for Carlisle but it appears that all I should do is a good clean....

Why bother? Forecast for the National's has remained steadfast with rain each and every day.

I think this should be the year where we display the dirtiest SHO's.

LOL.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 29, 2018, 01:31:36 PM

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 29, 2018, 09:37:11 AMI was getting ready to clean up/wax the SHO for Carlisle but it appears that all I should do is a good clean....

Why bother? Forecast for the National's has remained steadfast with rain each and every day.

I think this should be the year where we display the dirtiest SHO's.

LOL.

So I should leave the blue truck nuts on then?! And I am assuming you would forfeit that competition up front? All the pictures of your car online are spotless... I can't image if you pounced it through the mud and got the undercarriage dirty... LMAO...   

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 29, 2018, 01:59:30 PMAll the pictures of your car online are spotless.....

Ha..... well good sir.

I hand to you, dirty pics of my SHO, for your viewing displeasure. So there.

Gasp! Egads! Oh hell no!

bpd1151

Oh yea, and before you say it.....

Snow, and salt too!!!!

Gasp x2! Oh. My. Goodness.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 29, 2018, 02:56:38 PM

Snow, and salt too!!!!

Hats off you win! You take it out for some fun time in the snow? Looks very Santa'ish with the white beard...

lamrith

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 29, 2018, 02:56:38 PM

Snow, and salt too!!!!

Nice snowplow
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StinkinLinkin13

Today's post from Ol' Scotty.... 😂

https://youtu.be/suay2Fak6C4
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

mjhpadi

Just an update, I really love Adam's products and I can promise they will stand behind anything you purchase from them.  Adam has been a friend for almost 20 years and he is a great guy that makes great products.  I would trust anything they offer.  I still have yet to find a Detail Spray that is even near the quality of Adam's...not to mention Adam's Clay Bar, Swirl Remover, and many other products.  I know they really have made my vehicles look great since '98!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350