• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Breaking in a 3.5 Ecoboost - 2018 SHO non PP

Started by SHOhobo, May 26, 2018, 11:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOhobo

I tried to search this as I am sure it has been asked before but i got a yitload of hits....I am guessing that there are many different opinions on this subject...per the owners manual - 1,000 miles of no WOT - vary ur speed...etc...is there a consensus out there as to what one should do?...cuz that takes a lot of self control to stay out of the throttle for 1,000 miles.  With my 2015 SHO - I was on it from minute one...didnt even consider a break in period...no issues but wonder about long term engine issues. 
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

ZSHO

Welcome back and Congrats on the new ride!
I tend to purchase my vehicles new so there is a strict standard of a 1,000 miles break in period IMO!
I think the owner's manual states to avoid long extended Highway trips IIRC and City driving is a plus for the Trans......
Best of luck. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOhobo

Unfortunately its first trip was a 290 mile drive from MN to WI on a dealer trade because there were no SHOs around here that had the options I wanted that wasnt black.  Most of its next 500 miles to reach the 1,000 mile mark will be shorter highway and backroad cruising with city driving mixed in. Thx Z!
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

5ohSHO

I suppose you can't go wrong with waiting till 1,000 miles to start getting on it and having some fun. I personally decided not to wait and have a few things on mine already with a little over 600 miles on it. I haven't really been hard on the gas all that much yet. Nice color choice BTW.

jims2015

Quote from: ZSHO on May 27, 2018, 07:12:51 AM
I tend to purchase my vehicles new so there is a strict standard of a 1,000 miles break in period IMO!
I think the owner's manual states to avoid long extended Highway trips IIRC and City driving is a plus for the Trans......

I'm still hard core Ford fan but I just got a new GM product and the redline on the tach stayed at 3500 until exactly 500 miles on the odometer and then it changed to 6500.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

ZSHO

Quote from: jims2015 on May 27, 2018, 11:52:09 AM

I'm still hard core Ford fan but I just got a new GM product and the redline on the tach stayed at 3500 until exactly 500 miles on the odometer and then it changed to 6500.
Congrats Jim! Curious to see some PICS of the new ride...
BTW SHO still available! Thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jims2015

Quote from: ZSHO on May 27, 2018, 02:44:28 PM

I did not want to clutter this forum with non Ecoboost drivel pics other than the one I put on the "What did you do to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?" a couple weeks ago. I don't even have another picture. But buying the car was an interesting journey and here is a video emailed to me from the sales agent the day before I signed the papers. The car was not cleaned or prepped yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyC9NiMYPlg
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

ZSHO

Quote from: jims2015 on May 29, 2018, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 27, 2018, 02:44:28 PM

I did not want to clutter this forum with non Ecoboost drivel pics other than the one I put on the "What did you do to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?" a couple weeks ago. I don't even have another picture. But buying the car was an interesting journey and here is a video emailed to me from the sales agent the day before I signed the papers. The car was not cleaned or prepped yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyC9NiMYPlg
Swweeeeeeeeet! I'm a bit Jelly! Enjoy.  Z   :thumb: :thumb:
If you decide,you can certainly Post your Non-Ecoboost PICS Here.   :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,133.0.html