• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

what are the actual gains for the epp chra ?!?

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, May 14, 2018, 10:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

I'm having no luck finding actual verified data for the actual gains of this upgrade. Livernois and atp both state expected gains from there products and since there are only three turbo options (that I'm aware of) stock, epp chra and atp. Not counting the billet wheel. It would be nice to know what to expect from each. This isn't a "what are your power goals discussion" it's more of hey my turbos are going bad
     stock turbos     cost xxxx.    Hp added. 0
     Epp chra.         Cost xxxx.    Hp added. ???
     Atp.                 Cost xxxx.    Hp added. 200
Now as a consumer I have something solid to base my decision off of.
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

bpd1151

Since no one's answered this question for you, and you've asked in other threads/posts, I would bargain to say that no one has an answer for you.

Including EPP.

Which I find incredibly odd.

If no answers spring forth, then as the consumer you state you are, base your decision off the info and products you do have already.

Good luck.

derfdog15

IMO, if you're looking for power, and spending the cash consider this:

Stock turbos are like $500 each? brand new. SO $1k plus any core charge (but if you have ones going bad send em in and get that $$ back).

CHRA IDK the price on, never really looked at it, but you have to rebuild your turbos for the install correct? So either labor for someone qualified to do it, or you do it yourself and risk messing it up... May add power, may not, but you still have all the limitiations of stock turbo with regards to size, and likely would need to spend more $$ than just the CHRA kit, to properly fully rebuild the turbos... and at the end of the day you have rebuilt turbos with aftermarket parts...

ATPs, have higher MAX power/torque due to increased size. They are BRAND NEW and cost about 2x what stock replacement would, after core charge is sorted out. But you KNOW you can get more power out of them (though you can't max them out without actual engine work to get your 3.5L ready to go).

On a cost to HP ratio, im almost certain that the ATPs are the best option. Cost to performance I doubt they get beat. Hell, on a stock SHO with nothing done, they would get nice gains and put someone right at the limits if they wanted with just the turbos and a tune.

One thing to note...IDK if the CHRA kit can be tuned for remotely, but I KNOW that you need a custom dyno tune for the ATPs. Factor that in...but it still seems like best bang for the buck.

If your turbos are going bad, however, then not sure on engine health or other factors/items that may need replaced/freshened up. Consider all the variables...
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

Ok well I'm guessing I'm not seeing the information in that link.
I did not see actual numbers for the epp chra...
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SHOdded

Contact Mike directly via eMail or PM.  He should respond shortly thereafter.  User name EcoPowerParts.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO9987

I have the EPP CHRAs installed currently.  I think the power gains are largely dependent upon the tuner and the individual owner. I installed the CHRAs due to my stock ones burning oil.  AJP has my car tuned to where I want it. I wanted reliability more than anything else.  So eventually we got to the point in the tuning process where he advised me that it is time to get the car dyno'd so we know exactly where we are at for power.  Apparently there is plenty more potential to keep upping the power, but he advised me that we would start risking engine and drivetrain failures.  With that said, I am planning a dyno session sometime in the next month.  I'll post some numbers once completed. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

EcoPowerParts

I made just under 500HP on them in my car and that's when I ran my fastest (and still fastest Flex) time of 12.4@5800' DA.
I was on E85 so figure around 50HP off that so mid 400's or with meth around 475ish possible depending on the dyno of course.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

BTW, saying that X turbo makes X horsepower is so difficult to pin down, with fuel differences, dyno differences and DA differences it's almost impossible to say your car will make X horsepower with these turbos. I'll guarantee 50HP over stockers though. :) Remember I was seeing 20PSI with these turbos easily.
Here's the video, which I shared when it happened back in the day, BPD probably forgot all the data I shared when I built the car with everyone.
The posts are still here on the site somewhere.
https://youtu.be/Old-qfLpmZg
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Another video with 22 PSI, notice the IAT showing a wonderful 6 degrees above ambient with the aux fuel spraying.
:)
https://youtu.be/uCLvexuoHnk
www.ecopowerparts.com -