• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Ford Taurus SHO Forscan Mods

Started by TheGreatestSHOman, May 22, 2018, 10:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatestSHOman

I'm curious what some of the Taurus community's favorite Forscan mods are for a 2015 (2013+) Taurus SHO are.

Some I know I'm looking for and others I may not even be aware they were possible or that I even wanted them so I'm curious to hear from everyone/anyone.

So far I think I know I want:

AWD (IPC)
Climate (IPC)
Disable Double Honk (BCM)
Disable Hyperflash (BCM)

I've found a few write ups for the above but if you can confirm what worked for you that would be helpful!

Any additional mods you think are worth having that I haven't mentioned?
'15 Tuxedo Black SHO:
LMS Hi-Flo Catted Downpipes, LMS CAI, LMS 160 T-Stat, LMS Plugs, 3-Bar MAP, & LMS 93 Tune

Gjkrisa

Changing the radio theme to Ford GT is my 2nd fav to disabling double honk

My next one maybe to turn off the chime when you open the door and the accessories is still on
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

WhitePlatinumSHO

I used Forscan (on my 2016) to change the daytime running light settings, tire size (winter tires are a different size).

What is Hyperflash?
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

Gjkrisa

Quote from: WhitePlatinumSHO on May 22, 2018, 11:50:31 AM
I used Forscan (on my 2016) to change the daytime running light settings, tire size (winter tires are a different size).

What is Hyperflash?
When you want to use LED lights for your blinkers they will flash much quicker.

TheGreatestSHOman

Quote from: WhitePlatinumSHO on May 22, 2018, 11:50:31 AM

What is Hyperflash?

What Gjkrisa said, if you swap to LED bulbs they don't require as much power as the incandescent bulbs so the computer thinks the bulbs are out and as a result they flash quickly (hyperflash) to tell you. With Forscan you can disable the hyperflash so you don't have to install a resistor.
'15 Tuxedo Black SHO:
LMS Hi-Flo Catted Downpipes, LMS CAI, LMS 160 T-Stat, LMS Plugs, 3-Bar MAP, & LMS 93 Tune

TheGreatestSHOman

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 22, 2018, 10:35:57 AM
Changing the radio theme to Ford GT is my 2nd fav to disabling double honk

My next one maybe to turn off the chime when you open the door and the accessories is still on

I disabled double honk, turned on the AWD gauge, enabled my NAV so I can enter the street address while moving, and disabled Hyperflash last night (I'm going to install LED switchbacks today).

I did run into a problem if you, or anyone who might see this can help me with, when I went to modify the IPC so I could get climate on the right side of the dash cluster Forscan didn't read enough blocks to give me access. It only went to 720-03-01 when I need to get to 720-05-01 to enable that feature. Any idea why I'm not getting access to all the blocks?
'15 Tuxedo Black SHO:

EcoAbe

With Forscan, could you add a digital speedometer readout to the left hand gauge in the cluster like with the 2016+ model?
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

b4black

I used ForScan to add the AWD gauge.  Is there anyway the add the TPMS readings?

Gjkrisa

Quote from: b4black on May 23, 2018, 09:37:26 AM
I used ForScan to add the AWD gauge.  Is there anyway the add the TPMS readings?
We do not have the block to make that change in the ipc
So I assume if you can get a module from another vehicle for that you can program it to work.
But probably will have the miles on that ipc

Gjkrisa

Quote from: EcoAbe on May 23, 2018, 08:27:03 AM
With Forscan, could you add a digital speedometer readout to the left hand gauge in the cluster like with the 2016+ model?
Might be able to I the forscan thread I have notes if you go thru the ipc and see what's different to yours you can probably find it.