• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bolt pattern question.

Started by Katnexp, May 20, 2018, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubcitySHO

Quote from: b4black on May 21, 2018, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: dubcitySHO on May 20, 2018, 09:41:03 PM
Bolt patterns are slightly off.  Mopars run a 5x115 which WILL for over our studs just barely, but there is no way to PROPERLY torque them down so you will be constantly fighting balancing issues aside from the inward stress on the lug studs. 

I was previously looking into a set of take off wheels from a S.P. charger but decided against it for those reasons.

Have you experienced this, or are you speculating?

My previous car was a '02 Buick Regal with a 115 mm bolt pattern.  It was VERY common for Regal/Grand Prix owners to run Ford Mustang rims with 114.3 bolt patterns with no issues.

I suspect they are both the same bolt 4½" pattern, with just with two different names.  Remember the 0.7mm gets divided in half (distance between two lugs) and is likely within the tolerances of the machined wheel.

This is one of the most debated automotive topics on the internet.

No first hand experience, just read others experiences on the interwebz, including over at SHOforum. 

Wasn't worth the risk for me, being stuck with a set of wheels and tires that ultimately wouldn't work, and having to possibly take a loss on the gamble.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....