• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help!! How do I remove this tube?

Started by Gray Brick, May 26, 2018, 02:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Brick

I can't seem to get this out!!

What is the trick?.

Pics are not attaching.

I am referring to the bottom oil tube into  the front turbo and the oil pan.

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: Gray Brick on May 26, 2018, 02:00:13 AM
I can't seem to get this out!!

What is the trick?.

Pics are not attaching.

I am referring to the bottom oil tube into  the front turbo and the oil pan.
Take a pick, scrape some of the dirt/ corrosion out, maybe some compressed air if you have some. Then Spay a lil penetrating oil around it, clamp on it with some curved jaw vice grips. Gently torque it back and forth. Literally like 1-2° forward, then 1-2°backward, rinse repeat.  Don't try to torque it too far. It also helps to use your other hand to help with the movement or even wiggle from side to side.   Curved jaw or v jaw vice grips work best for this.  They apply contstant tension to more of the pipe circumference which equal more grip. Eventually the baked in seals and corrosion will begin to give way. Just be patient...unless you can source a replacement drain tube quickly.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

2010Limited

Mrhighcaliber is correct. It's in there tight but just keep pulling. My front tube already had signs of being pulled on with pliers/vice grips so I grabbed on and twisted and pulled.
My rear one came out with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk