• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth System Turned On Uncommanded.

Started by 5ohSHO, May 19, 2018, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

So my meth system started spraying yesterday while I was doing about 20mph down my street. First thing I noticed was the service advancetrac warning then the car went into limp mode and was running like hell. I glanced over at my gauge pod and saw that the pump light was on so I reached under the dash and switched the gain knob off and limped the car home. I let it idle in the driveway for a few minutes, shut it off, then turned it back on and all seemed well. I turned the system back on and nothing strange happened. I hit the test and it worked fine then about 5 seconds later it came back on by itself while sitting in park and the car freaked out again and died. I was able to get the car to start again and let it burn the meth out of the cylinders and it seemed to be fine after that. Long story short, after calling Julio and double checking all of my wiring and voltages I found that something inside the box with the gain knob must be loose because when it is turned a certain direction the system turns on full blast. I've put about 100 miles on the car since the incident and all seems well, no noises or misfires etc. Just hoping this didn't cause some kind of long term damage. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 5ohSHO on May 19, 2018, 05:42:44 PM
So my meth system started spraying yesterday while I was doing about 20mph down my street. First thing I noticed was the service advancetrac warning then the car went into limp mode and was running like hell. I glanced over at my gauge pod and saw that the pump light was on so I reached under the dash and switched the gain knob off and limped the car home. I let it idle in the driveway for a few minutes, shut it off, then turned it back on and all seemed well. I turned the system back on and nothing strange happened. I hit the test and it worked fine then about 5 seconds later it came back on by itself while sitting in park and the car freaked out again and died. I was able to get the car to start again and let it burn the meth out of the cylinders and it seemed to be fine after that. Long story short, after calling Julio and double checking all of my wiring and voltages I found that something inside the box with the gain knob must be loose because when it is turned a certain direction the system turns on full blast. I've put about 100 miles on the car since the incident and all seems well, no noises or misfires etc. Just hoping this didn't cause some kind of long term damage. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Nope... first I have ever heard of an issue with Julio's kits.

Motor should be ok. If you flooded it with meth it might be worth getting an oil change just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Yours is the 1st instance I have ever heard of.

Quite strange.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 19, 2018, 07:10:44 PM
Yours is the 1st instance I have ever heard of.

Quite strange.

Only issue I have ever heard was that you had a pump go out.. but not sure if it was due to age or not? Julio recommends rebuilding the pump every 2 year I believe if you are running 100% meth.

bpd1151

That is correct.

And it's not even really a problem per se, as a pump on its' way out usually presents in the form of slight leaking from top of the pump.

Julio did state that an average pump life is 2-2.5yrs and he does rebuild them for half the cost of new.

I always have a pump on standby to eliminate any down time.

5ohSHO

It is an interesting issue for sure, but I was able to duplicate the problem more than once. I'm also not saying it is an issue with the kit per se, but maybe the way I handled it while transferring it from my PI to my SHO (not that I was rough with it). Either way it's just one of those random issues that could happen from time to time I suppose.

5ohSHO

Spoke with Julio today and told him what was going on. He told me to send in the box so he can see what is going on with it. He also informed me that his kits are covered with a 2 year warranty, which was nice to find out.

bpd1151

I keep trying my best to tell everyone that Julio is TOP NOTCH in every possible way.

Still left scratching my head sometimes why others choose lesser/inferior products and/or other competing vendors will less than desired customer relations.

Glad to see that Julio has continued to be the upstanding stellar person that he is.

StealBlueSho

Yup... it's one of those few products that you purchase that leave no doubt you got the right one from the right guy.

I have talked to Julio several times myself, and he has always helped me without question!

I agree.. I don't know why people still purchase Snow kits...