• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brought the SHO to New England dragway

Started by shoNoff, May 16, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Andrew I can tell you a few tips from being behind your car on a few of your passes. A few times when you stagged your car you were actually crooked and not entirely in the traction groove. You want to make sure you are a straight as possible and lined up in the traction groove for the best launch results. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to line up straight after going around the water box. We can get into shallow staging later for those few extra .01's lol. I mean I was 1.81-1.84 all night. You should easily be in the 1.75 range. Also I can tell you my car hates it when I brake boost. I usually sit like I said at about 2200 or so and I kind of slide the brake out while I'm giving it gas so it builds a little boost as it's starting to move.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

shoNoff

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2018, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 12, 2018, 09:45:17 AM
Dont want to heat up the torque converter or trans fluid unnecessarily either.
So the last time I took the Lincoln out for some abuse (logging) the trans temp max was 134.

50/50 unknown(oem?)/Amsoil mix.

I've never checked mine maybe I should log it next time. I run factory ford fluid wonder if there is any benefit to swapping out to amsoil.

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on August 12, 2018, 03:37:41 PM
Andrew I can tell you a few tips from being behind your car on a few of your passes. A few times when you stagged your car you were actually crooked and not entirely in the traction groove. You want to make sure you are a straight as possible and lined up in the traction groove for the best launch results. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to line up straight after going around the water box. We can get into shallow staging later for those few extra .01's lol. I mean I was 1.81-1.84 all night. You should easily be in the 1.75 range. Also I can tell you my car hates it when I brake boost. I usually sit like I said at about 2200 or so and I kind of slide the brake out while I'm giving it gas so it builds a little boost as it's starting to move.

I never thought of or considered the track groove.  I will definitely be mindful of this next time.  I mean, I just need another .18 seconds to tip over into an 11.  I'm really just getting my feet wet with the dragstrip.  This is my first time as of a few weeks ago.

I want to say I do what you're saying, with the brake boosting.  I hold the brake with my left foot and give it gas to where my rpms are above 2, then I let off the brake simultaneously as my right foot burries the accelerator. 

I need more practice!  Lol.  And I think I should be in the 1.75-1.78 range all day too.  I know this also falls on me as the driver.  :/
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 12, 2018, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2018, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 12, 2018, 09:45:17 AM
Dont want to heat up the torque converter or trans fluid unnecessarily either.
So the last time I took the Lincoln out for some abuse (logging) the trans temp max was 134.

50/50 unknown(oem?)/Amsoil mix.

I've never checked mine maybe I should log it next time. I run factory ford fluid wonder if there is any benefit to swapping out to amsoil.
If nothing else, fresh fluid is better, however I'm a believer when it comes to running the best synthetics. I'm planning to drain/top mine in 5k miles when it hits 60k. (Coolant as well, keeping that OEM tho)
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

shoNoff

I had ford flush my fluid at 44k I'm at 49k now. I may switch to amsoil next time since I'm running that in engine. Next ptu change will go to amsoil too.

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 13, 2018, 11:14:00 AM
I had ford flush my fluid at 44k I'm at 49k now. I may switch to amsoil next time since I'm running that in engine. Next ptu change will go to amsoil too.

Already did 1 PTU, and planning another at 60k. I still need to do the RDU.

That...and grow the nuts to drill/tap/plug the PTU for full flush/fills instead of partial, lol

I pretty much run all Amsoil lubricants except coolant. Even then I do in some vehicles.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

802SHO

The day I hit the track I did the PTU, got 9 oz out of it...it needed a change, overall I was expecting the fluid to be worse, and I changed the RDU, got out 24-26 oz.  Replaced all fluid with Royal Purple.  So is Amsoil better than Royal Purple?  I thought I was putting the best in it. 

Tom, when you do the RDU, only back out the fill plug a little bit and do the rest by hand, I backed it out too much and pinned my ratchet.  That was fun.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ToMang07

Hah, thanks for the heads up!

I know a lot of people that swear by it. I like Amsoil more because I know it's a Group 4 oil. I've also done oil analysis to confirm that it holds up. (Other vehicles.) The only thing I've ever seen bad about RP was back in the day they had a bad batch of bike oils and a few guys running high HP sport bikes popped their motors. But it was enough for me to not even try. I pretty much run Amsoil or Mobil 1 if I'm in a pinch, and that's it.
~Tom~

SHOdded

Redline lightweight shockproof in ptu AND rdu.  Give it a go if you can.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Royal Purple is great oil I ran that in my big block racecars for years and in my 500whp turbo neon. I never had a problem running royal purple. I never tried amsoil until this car. So I cant really speak of it being good or bad for the sho. I just put it in the engine this past oil change. In my PTU I used Lucas. I get it cheap at work and I wasn't really planning on changing it the day I did and it was all I could get my hands on. Seems to work well and it holds up to the heat. I can tell you at 48K my PTU fluid looked like crap. No metal but almost sludge. I have yet to touch my RDU, I'll most likely tackle that after the winter.

802SHO

Today hit a new personal best 12.06@115.  Soooooo close uuuggghhh.  Elusive 11's is right.  Check it out! 

https://youtu.be/GU2e20Itiko 

shoNoff

So damn close buddy. I was pulling for you all day. Between you and Martin I was getting constant updates. Plus my aunt is the lady that hands you the time slips lol. The car def has an 11 in it. It's just getting that 60 foot down.

ZSHO

Congrats on your new PB!  :) Time slips!!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Time slips from yesterday.  I didnt grab the time slip from when I red lighted and got a 12.2.  My car number is 802 which I hoped was a sign I would hit an 11....not this time.  Maybe in some 45 degree October weather 😀

ZSHO

@  802SHO Fixed the ^^^ PIC & Video for ya.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|