• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Photoshopped Lincoln Pickup Truck

Started by Agentlongwood, May 14, 2018, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Got to talking to a buddy about Ford's failed attempts to make a luxury pickup.  The Blackwood being stupid and the Mark LT being super half-assed.  I was saying that they could make a great Lincoln pickup if they actually put in the effort, but retained the utility of an actual truck.  With the new Navigator selling like hotcakes why not just put that interior in an F150, and some of the exterior sheet metal.  It would look great, be super comfy, and be a fully capable truck.  So I went into photoshop and made it happen.  Here's a Lincoln F-150.  I think it looks damn good for a truck.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

derfdog15

It looks better than the current gen F150...but the current gen F150 looks like someone threw up ina pigstye, and the pigs ate it, and then threw up again...

If they had done something with the 04-08 style that was proper, or something at all with the 09-14 style I'd be about it, but I REALLY hate the looks of the 15+
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

EcoAbe

That chop looks awesome. I wonder how a Lincoln pickup would fare against the F150 Platinum's and Limited's in the Ford lineup. Or if those would be consolidated into one and Lincoln would offer a "black label truck" and take it up another level to $90k... do we need a $90k pickup??
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

lamrith

Quote from: EcoAbe on May 15, 2018, 09:08:20 AM
That chop looks awesome. I wonder how a Lincoln pickup would fare against the F150 Platinum's and Limited's in the Ford lineup. Or if those would be consolidated into one and Lincoln would offer a "black label truck" and take it up another level to $90k... do we need a $90k pickup??
IF they did it, I am sure they would tweak a few things.  The Expedition/Navigator is a prime example.  The Nav has higher HP/torque than the Expedition from factory, plus ll the other luxury options.  Means little to folks like us that get tunes done but for Joe blow consumer, bigger is better....  I know my Dad went Nav (he is a lincoln guy so was not hard to twist his arm) partially because of the higher tow rating since he was towing a boat for long distances.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FearlessAZ

There is always a market that someone will buy it in. But I think luxury trucks like that run into a niche market. Like stated, I think they would do away with Platinum trim and move that to Lincoln branding.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

FoMoCoSHO

Lol, Lincoln should hire you, it looks great!

I've got a couple things in the works for the MKS, any possibility you could assist before I pull the wallet trigger?

If so, what specific photo views/angles are helpful when creating these?

Agentlongwood

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 15, 2018, 01:38:47 PM

I've got a couple things in the works for the MKS, any possibility you could assist before I pull the wallet trigger?

Yeah I can help out, no prob.  I just can't be counted on to do it quickly, lol.  The thing that makes it the easiest for stuff like that pickup is finding photos taken from the same angle.  Doesn't matter what the angle is, just as long as all the photos you want to use are from the same angle.  The more difference in angle, the bigger pain in the butt.  I got lucky with that pickup and found a picture of a red F-150, and a Red Navigator from almost exactly the same angle.  So essentially it's just a complicated cut/paste job.  Same with wheels.  Lowering a car, changing colors, etc are easier since it's just messing with the original photo.  No angles to match.  Whatcha got in mind?   

lamrith

Quote from: Agentlongwood on May 15, 2018, 11:17:58 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 15, 2018, 01:38:47 PM

Yeah I can help out, no prob.  I just can't be counted on to do it quickly, lol.  The thing that makes it the easiest for stuff like that pickup is finding photos taken from the same angle.  Doesn't matter what the angle is, just as long as all the photos you want to use are from the same angle.  The more difference in angle, the bigger pain in the butt.  I got lucky with that pickup and found a picture of a red F-150, and a Red Navigator from almost exactly the same angle.  So essentially it's just a complicated cut/paste job.  Same with wheels.  Lowering a car, changing colors, etc are easier since it's just messing with the original photo.  No angles to match.  Whatcha got in mind?   
He says it is easy, but it is not.  Thanks again for your help on my concept!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Agentlongwood

Lol, well some of it's easy. Some I have a real tough time with. I tried to make paint look matte instead of gloss for a friend, but I could not figure that one out for the life of me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Naber

I'd be fooled by this photoshop for sure, and I'd let myself be fooled as well. It looks awesome! lol
I'm a big supporter of these weight loss pills because they worked wonders for me.