• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best Data Logging App for iPhone?

Started by arttyszka, August 14, 2013, 08:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: pejohnson on September 15, 2013, 08:04:33 AM
So I have an Iphone through work and would prefer to find a data logger that is compatible but I see several people using the OBDLink MX Bluetooth with their Androids.  I may be able to get an old Android from work.  Would I need to have a data plan or could I just use the Bluetooth function to communicate back and forth with the OBDLink.  Also as far as transferring data, couldn't I just connect the Android to my computer and download that way?
I can answer part of your question anyway. I have no data plan for my Nexus 7. I use it almost exclusively for the gauges so it's set up to enable Bluetooth and hook up with the MX when it wakes up. I do have the ability to turn on Wifi so I can update any software on the tablet but usually that's off to minimize power loss when it's asleep in the car. I haven't done data logging as yet so I don't know about downloading to the desktop computer....so far anyway. Maybe someone else can answer that part of your question.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

I don't think you would need a data plan. You should be able to up/download what you need from device manager.

EcoBrick Bob

This is what I just ordered From FocalPrice.com  $248.  Ships from China, has has 1920 screen with 3D potential.

PiPo M9PRO 10.1" Capacitive Retina Display Android 4.2.2 Quad Core RK3188 1.8GHz Tablet PC with Bluetooth, Auto Screenshot, PIP, Auto Focus Camera (32GB) (Black)

I use a Samsung Stratosphere, but feel it is too small to view with Torque Pro.  It can be used as a 4G Mobile Hotspot, so I can use WiFi pretty much anywhere if I would need to send a log to tuner quickly (Verizon local speed almost 20 MB down and over 6MB up, or about 4 times as fast as my local WiFi service.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.