• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce 2.0

Started by Brucelinc, May 11, 2018, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I learned a few things from my 2016 Mustang that I got in January.   1.  I really enjoyed driving it.  2.  Although used to Lincolns, the newer Mustangs are comfortable enough and refined enough for daily driving.  3.  While the manual was fun to drive on the streets, it was not good at the dragstrip and to fix the wheelhop, modifications would need to be made that increased NVH and made the car less useful as a daily driver.  4.   My 2016 was worth more in May than I paid for it in January.   5.  Black was a pain in the ass to care for.

Soooo, here is new to me Mustang 2.0.   It is a 2018 GT with the 10 speed automatic, 401A package, safe & smart package, active exhaust, black accent package and 3.55 rear end.   I will share driving impressions in a later post.

lamrith

NIIIIIICE!

I like the wide black and fine red pinstriping.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Livernois Motorsports

Great looking car Bruce! Hows she driving? Feel better than the old car?

Brucelinc

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on May 11, 2018, 04:25:03 PM
Great looking car Bruce! Hows she driving? Feel better than the old car?

Seems to hook much better.   I think it will be better at the track.

SHOdded

Congrats on the new ride, nice to not take a hit on the old one :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Quote from: SHOdded on May 11, 2018, 05:36:33 PM
Congrats on the new ride, nice to not take a hit on the old one :)

I got an extremely good deal on the old one when I bought it.  Mustangs do not sell well in a Minnesota January.   They start building 2019s next month so there are good deals now on 2018s plus a $2000 rebate.   The timing was on my side.

griggs95

Looks nice Bruce!

10 speed auto...GOOD GOD! I had no idea that was the tranny these days lol. I'd think it would be over kill but what do I know. Let us know how you like it after you break it in.

2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on May 11, 2018, 02:40:32 PM
I learned a few things from my 2016 Mustang that I got in January.   1.  I really enjoyed driving it.  2.  Although used to Lincolns, the newer Mustangs are comfortable enough and refined enough for daily driving.  3.  While the manual was fun to drive on the streets, it was not good at the dragstrip and to fix the wheelhop, modifications would need to be made that increased NVH and made the car less useful as a daily driver.  4.   My 2016 was worth more in May than I paid for it in January.   5.  Black was a pain in the ass to care for.

Soooo, here is new to me Mustang 2.0.   It is a 2018 GT with the 10 speed automatic, 401A package, safe & smart package, active exhaust, black accent package and 3.55 rear end.   I will share driving impressions in a later post.

Nice!  At first I didn't care for the looks of the new Mustang as much as the one it replaced.  I'm starting to really appreciate the looks of them much more.  If they start to add any more gears to the new cars they're going to have to have a paddle shifter to skip gears....
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

Maybe they could have a sport mode that allows for skipping gears?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

I like that the instrument cluster shows what gear it is in even in drive.  In normal drive mode, it does skip gears if you are not accelerating rapidly.  However, it has other driving modes:  sport, sport+, track, and drag.

Each of those modes use all 10 gears and each gets progressively quicker, firmer and shift at higher rpm.  The drag mode has no torque management, holds each gear to over 7500 rpm and the shifts are incredibly fast and firm. 

Oh, there is also a snow/wet mode but it sounds boring so I haven't tried it yet.

bamsho

Awesome Bruce!  Nice score.  Have read they are easy a high 11s car right out of the box.  Have fun with her. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ecoboostsho

Sweet ride! Glad you got it all sorted out!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Brucelinc

Quote from: bamsho on May 12, 2018, 07:19:53 AM
Awesome Bruce!  Nice score.  Have read they are easy a high 11s car right out of the box.  Have fun with her.

I think the guys who have run 11s have had negative DA and maybe did a few little tricks.   I will be happy if I can run mid-lower 12s.   My car only has about 400 miles on it so I haven't really gotten crazy with it yet but it sure hooks better than my 2016 with the manual and I am not getting the horrible wheel hop like my 2016 did.

Brucelinc

Quote from: ecoboostsho on May 12, 2018, 07:45:19 AM

Thank you sir!  Hey, if you know anyone in our area who might be interested in a loaded and pristine 2017 Lincoln Continental with only 13,500 miles, let me know.   It is on Craigslist now and will be on CarSoup soon.   

ecoboostsho

Will do!
Quote from: Brucelinc on May 12, 2018, 09:22:38 AM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on May 12, 2018, 07:45:19 AM

Thank you sir!  Hey, if you know anyone in our area who might be interested in a loaded and pristine 2017 Lincoln Continental with only 13,500 miles, let me know.   It is on Craigslist now and will be on CarSoup soon.

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile