• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Be brutally honest

Started by glock-coma, May 10, 2018, 10:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

Tried something.......different.

Dark metallic copper paint over my
rustoleum graphite peel coat.

Flame suit on.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

I'm not one for "unconventional" paint schemes.

This one, however, I like very much.

I think that color wheel would have looked spectacular on Bronzie...

Agentlongwood

Huge props for trying something new.  It may not be my cup of tea personally, but damn do I like the fact that I've never seen it before.  I'm not a big fan of colored wheels (except black) but I do like that this is pretty tasteful looking.  Not gaudy or anything.  It's classy.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

glock-coma

This was the before. I was getting bored with it.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

griggs95

Brutally honest?

Well, I think both pictures are missing tint on the windows. That would make both wheel choices come together; not too dark though. I was popping back n forth between the pics and you need to take a better picture with some good light on the car and make sure its just washed to make me decide which is better. I really want to like the copper better since its on a red car but I can't in this pic. I've seen it work well on red cars in the past.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

glock-coma

Quote from: griggs95 on May 11, 2018, 12:40:51 AM
Brutally honest?

Well, I think both pictures are missing tint on the windows. That would make both wheel choices come together; not too dark though. I was popping back n forth between the pics and you need to take a better picture with some good light on the car and make sure its just washed to make me decide which is better. I really want to like the copper better since its on a red car but I can't in this pic. I've seen it work well on red cars in the past.
The lighting was a little weird when I took the pic today.
The windows are tinted,
50% front 20% rear
(legal limit Ohio)
I'll clean her up a little and look for some better light

Twintrbskies

To be honest, I like the look alot better than before. Definitely is a good look but I think the shade/tint could be better so it matches the car better. Not to pick but just my opinion. As you mentioned the lighting could be a factor.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

EcoAbe

I like the look of the copper wheels. The chrome trim stands out now more than before. When I have approached visually modding a car in the past, I have tried to stick with two colors. Body color and wheel color, and take all other accents neutral. If the chrome trim was blacked out, that subtlety would draw more attention to the copper wheels if you want them to be the hero of the car.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

gtmorgan23

this makes me wanna paint my flowers even more. Im gonna go with matte black paint on top of plasti-dip so I can remove it if need be.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

LostnEye

I don't dislike the copper, but I am not really a fan of it with your color car. On a different color I think it would look really good.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

griggs95

You know what it is Glock, these wheels can only do so much to this car. They both look good again today but then I'm looking at cars like yours with stock 20's polished, and they look just as good too. I think this particular wheel on the SHO can only do one thing....look good. Unless of course you paint it pink or green lol.

Since you did all the work already, I'd leave it copper for awhile until you get bored again. Actually, this was a good experiment as to what the capability is, of this wheel, on this car.

One thing though. People will know its you, and know when they got dusted by a red SHO with copper wheels. 'Officer it wasn't me....the other red sho with coppers just sped right by me'
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

SilvererSHO

I honestly wouldn't own anything the color of those wheels other than maybe an antique toilet handle.  Sorry, you asked....
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

steve142857

I like it very much. I think that color would look great on white cars too.
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

steve142857

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 10, 2018, 11:08:05 PM
I'm not one for "unconventional" paint schemes.

This one, however, I like very much.

I think that color wheel would have looked spectacular on Bronzie...
Are you referring to my 2013 SHO that I sold 3 years ago?
It looked bronzie with yellow lighting. But under the sun it turned red... paprika red. It was plastidipped with pigmentation in the prep and it was changing colors depending on the lighting. Hasn't been a week since without missing that car... Thus why I'm back with the MKT. Not as nice imo but fits family needs better...
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid