• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Remote Eblended Tunes!

Started by StealBlueSho, May 09, 2018, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So on shoforum Cody from LMS posted they do remote eblended tunes if you have their HPFP.... so naturally I called in to verify this information... and sure enough LMS DOES DO REMOTE TUNING for E85 Blends. I believe they said up to E45 on stock injectors..

I asked him to let me know which blends they recommend so I can put in a tune request.. SUPER FREAKING STOKED ABOUT THIS!!!

Obviously.. I report back with my findings.. loving this HPFP more and more...

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 09, 2018, 11:42:51 AM
So on shoforum Cody from LMS posted they do remote eblended tunes if you have their HPFP.... so naturally I called in to verify this information... and sure enough LMS DOES DO REMOTE TUNING for E85 Blends. I believe they said up to E45 on stock injectors..

I asked him to let me know which blends they recommend so I can put in a tune request.. SUPER FREAKING STOKED ABOUT THIS!!!

I just want to know if they add a flex fuel sensor in their installs, or if they have a tune option for it, because they were claiming to offer flex fuel tunes with their HPFP a while back while it was in development
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on May 09, 2018, 12:55:46 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 09, 2018, 11:42:51 AM

I just want to know if they add a flex fuel sensor in their installs, or if they have a tune option for it, because they were claiming to offer flex fuel tunes with their HPFP a while back while it was in development

You can always call them. Cody, Anthony, and Dave have always been very informative when I call. I am sure they will know the answer.

StealBlueSho

Quick update...

According to Cody who placed a call into the calibrators, they can tune up-to 42.5% Ethanol blends in the Firestorm HPFP.

I did go ahead and put into a tune request for an E30 blend as that's generally where you start to see the most benefits from what I understand...

Cody said it will take a few days as they don't have the tunes built yet for all the strategies....

Will update again as soon as I get it loaded!!!

Have I mentioned I am STOKED!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 10, 2018, 04:25:29 PM
POWERSTrOKED!

Ummmmm lmao... sounds like something I need to talk to my wife about first.. ha!

StealBlueSho

Testing here... E31 in the tank now.... perfect fuel pressure... not even a dip..... fuel trims are acceptable (+10% average)

Still waiting on the optimized tune... but this pump is laughing at E30....

StealBlueSho

So I got my E30 blended tune from LMS. Datalogging shows NO increase in spark or boost which is a bummer. However there were changes made to the fueling as the fuel trims are much cleaner.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 14, 2018, 02:36:57 PM
So I got my E30 blended tune from LMS. Datalogging shows NO increase in spark or boost which is a bummer. However there were changes made to the fueling as the fuel trims are much cleaner.
Hows the car feel overall?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on May 14, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

Overall the car runs like a top! Even the E30 tune is smooth as silk. And you guys turned the E tune around much faster than expected.  Thank you for that! Now let's dial it up a notch!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 14, 2018, 04:10:22 PM

Overall the car runs like a top! Even the E30 tune is smooth as silk. And you guys turned the E tune around much faster than expected.  Thank you for that! Now let's dial it up a notch!

Cool glad your happy with the tunes we will be here for anything else you need!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on May 14, 2018, 05:31:36 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 14, 2018, 04:10:22 PM

Cool glad your happy with the tunes we will be here for anything else you need!

I need more powah!

J-Will

Where are you getting E30?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

Quote from: J-Will on May 14, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Where are you getting E30?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mixing at my local spot. They have E85.

StealBlueSho

To be fair with this, I am the first recipient of a remote tuned E mix from them. And while I don't "see" any changes in power, I must remind myself that LMS always errors on the side of caution. I'm sure that they will step it up once they do a couple more with success, or if I bug them a bit ;-)

Similar to my remote meth tune on my 2010... the first tune they provided was tame but the follow up tune really made a difference.

This E30 tune really does bring the fueling inline with an E30 mix which is very important. The trims are within +/- 5% which is really good. Before the tune I was at +15% for reference. They also addressed lambase to address the difference in stoich which is important. Overall the tune is really really smooth and runs well.

I should know better than to expect a tuner to throw the kitchen sink in off the bat.. baby steps when treading new territory with a remote E tune with the bigger pumps.

There are only a handful of guys running the bigger pumps and only a couple like myself getting them remotely tuned. So it's still new territory for any tuner.

Thanks LMS for the quick turn around on the tune, and again, Cody and Anthony for answering my questions!

I am looking forward to seeing if there is more power we can squeeze out of this (safely).