• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

stock tune with reduced gapped plugs

Started by steve142857, May 08, 2018, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve142857

Hello!
About to get a tune from LMS, along with 3bar, tstat160 and will reduce gap of spark plugs feom 35k to 30k.
My question is: When I send them the stock tune, if the OEM spark plugs are gapped at 35k. Then I ask for a tune with spark plugs gapped at 30k. Will I be able to run back the stock tune after with the stock file they will have registered?
Hopefully I am clear. I am trying to figure the logistic or sequence of things to do.
I will receive my package tomorrow 😎. Can't wait!
I need to take my appointment with my mechanic guy, bit I don't know when he needs to regap the plugs.
Thanks!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

ZSHO

IIRC you can run the stock plugs gapped @ 0.035 on a temporary basis only without any wot pulls preventing any such spark blowout.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

I think he also want to know if he can leave them at .030 on the OEM tune.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Macgyver on May 08, 2018, 11:13:34 PM
I think he also want to know if he can leave them at .030 on the OEM tune.
Yeah i really don't see any problem with running tuned on a stock spark plug with reduced gap or reduced gap on stock tune. Seriously what could possibly happen? you lose .1 mpg's or something? I say go for it LOL
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

The Lincoln is currently running the stock calibration with the .028 gap and the step colder Motorcrafts from Gearhead...seemingly no issue.

derfdog15

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 09, 2018, 01:16:37 PM
The Lincoln is currently running the stock calibration with the .028 gap and the step colder Motorcrafts from Gearhead...seemingly no issue.

Only issue I see with running colder plugs on a stock tune is extreme cold temps where you might not get proper combustion. Shouldnt be an issue for a long time, and likely wouldnt be an issue in any case.

Offtopic: I don't see bronzie in your sig, whered she go?
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on May 10, 2018, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 09, 2018, 01:16:37 PM

Only issue I see with running colder plugs on a stock tune is extreme cold temps where you might not get proper combustion. Shouldnt be an issue for a long time, and likely wouldnt be an issue in any case.

Offtopic: I don't see bronzie in your sig, whered she go?
The Lincoln serves my Ecoboost needs for 1/5 the cost.

LostnEye

I believe the SP-534s now come from Ford gapped at 30. You shouldn't have an issue.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts