• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rear turbo removal

Started by 2010Limited, May 08, 2018, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Limited

I was pleasantly surprised the new turbo went up there much easier than the old one came out. The pisser is I'm waiting on gaskets and the oil tube.
Always a waiting game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010Limited

Does anyone know the part # for the coolant tube banjo bolts?

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: 2010Limited on May 22, 2018, 06:43:08 PM

Here's the pn#'s from the manual

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

2010Limited

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 22, 2018, 08:09:20 PM
Quote from: 2010Limited on May 22, 2018, 06:43:08 PM

Here's the pn#'s from the manual

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Much thanks!

2010Limited

Waiting on 1 gasket then I can wrap this up. So I decided to make this:

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010Limited

Does anyone have the torque specs for the oil and tube bolts?
I see the coolant bolts are 30 ft lbs.
just need the oil bolt. It's almost back together!

ZSHO

I think its 10 NM - (89 lb-in) .
Listen for an audible click when installing the oil supply tube to the Quick connect fitting!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Z is right on the money

Install a new gasket and install the RH turbocharger oil return tube and the 2 bolts.
Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010Limited

Quote from: ZSHO on May 29, 2018, 09:17:00 AM
I think its 10 NM - (89 lb-in) .
Listen for an audible click when installing the oil supply tube to the Quick connect fitting!  Z
Thanks guys! Seriously this is the most helpful forum I've been on.

SHOdded

Let's get this project wrapped up and the SHO back on the road :D

2010Limited

Quote from: SHOdded on May 29, 2018, 09:50:25 AM
Let's get this project wrapped up and the SHO back on the road :D
It's a flex but YES!

2010Limited

So the coolant bolts are 30ft-lb and the oil equates to 7.4ft-lb ?
89in-ft = 7.4ft-lb. is that right?

SHOdded

2010Limited

Well it's back in! I'm up to putting the heat shields and brackets back on.

Does anyone have a pic of the heat shields installed? I see one in the manual pic but I have 2 and don't recall which orientation that were in.

Also are those brackets necessary? It seems the manifold would hold the turbo fine. I had a big honkin turbo on my Sentra and it was just on the manifold.