• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Firestorm HPFP Installed

Started by StealBlueSho, May 04, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Also the displayed load is a product of how the tune has the tq model set up...there is a lot to it...you can make a torque value read any load value you want
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 02, 2018, 07:26:54 PM
Also the displayed load is a product of how the tune has the tq model set up...there is a lot to it...you can make a torque value read any load value you want

True... we played with that on my 2010 attempting to correct the fuel trims for meth.

Load was reading way low, but power production was high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I think LMS Dyno is spot on @ 415whp-465wtq which netted me a Trap Speed of almost 116-mph! Second thought it might be on the conservative side!  Z ;)
Definitely need to get her on the Dyno to see where your @ ! Best of luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on December 02, 2018, 08:01:14 PM
I think LMS Dyno is spot on @ 415whp-465wtq which netted me a Trap Speed of almost 116-mph! Second thought it might be on the conservative side!  Z ;)

I need a damn dyno! LoL... it's not from lack of trying...

Although DPs would help... Corsa and DPs are next on the list.. probably January time frame.

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 02, 2018, 08:53:49 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 02, 2018, 08:01:14 PM

I need a damn dyno! LoL... it's not from lack of trying...

Although DPs would help... Corsa and DPs are next on the list.. probably January time frame.

Mike I love ya...you are basically all in now lol...I knew you would be  regardless of saying how you were going to enjoy the care free operation of the stock vehicle...from all the logging and analytics I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself...I know how you people are!...carry on
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 02, 2018, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on December 02, 2018, 06:20:13 PM
WOW BJ! Seems like you're quite excited about this newest tune release from LMS.

That says a lot given you've worked with quite a few tuners, and have been objective in your reviews of each/all of them.

So in other words, you're basically saying that this latest tune offering from LMS is perfect in every possible way, and that there are parameters LMS has tweaked that other tuning competitors haven't quite figured out yet?

Is that a fair question?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I am VERY excited about this latest tune from LMS. Cody messaged me saying him, Anthony, and their "head tuner" stayed late to put this together for me. And the results in the datalog as well as the seat of the pants feel are really really impressive.

Yes, I have bounced around on the tuning front.. Unleashed, AJPTurbo, BCB, Gearhead, and Livernois between my 2010 and 2016 SHO. I have ALWAYS been impressed with how SMOOTH the LMS tune runs and how clean the datalogs look. I may have been at points underwhelmed with the load I see in the datalogs but have never been disappointed in the ET with LMS but more importantly the consistency in their ET/MPH. Glory runs will get respect from a lot... but dialing in and running a low time consistently wins respect AND money.

I will post logs later but a few examples of things that really stand out are..

1: Timing advance on LMS is SMOOTH... I have YET to see another tuner get spark v2 to follow spark.. silky smooth.. people who datalog know what I am talking about..

2: Boost.. when LMS commands boost its not for the mid range of RPMS.. they command it all the way through redline which is impressive. A tuner may say they command 15psi but they taper off hard at the topend.. LMS holds its all the way to shift..

3: cam positioning..if you look at the exhaust and intake cam position it is very different than any other tune.

Based on my various track visits... and I have been talking to BamSHO, BPD1151, and various others.. I am still baffled at how a tune that demands much less load runs just as fast as tune that call for 3-4 psi and more timing(much more load).. I have posted on the forums asking about it...

Needless to say again... Livernois Engineering has shown over and over again through the various tuners that they are able to get the most of this platform. I ran the same times with a tune that pushed 1.65 average load through third gear from one tuner as a tune from LMS that only pushed 1.52 average through third gear...

And I am not just kissing their booty as anyone can attest.. I am the first one to call them out on when I believe they are wrong or misguiding, and with data not just opinion.  I try to be impartial in all reviews as it has shown to be valuable to new people joining the forums (You're welcome Brad for the business :-P ).

All that being said.. THIS LATEST E30 TUNE FROM LME IS THE BEST TUNE I HAVE RECIEVED.

This may be all fine and good.....certainly sounds it.  BUT is it necessary?  I think we all know the answer to that and no its not by a long shot.  How do I know this?  Well hmmm bc BPD is about to install one or two (now) not previously...who is BPD?  The fastest ecoboost SHO in the world.  Built motor, custom Meth set up with two nozzles, upgraded ATP turbos.  No upgraded fuel pump to speak of.  Hes reported nothing but smoooooth sailing.  With such a high amount of power hes putting down...interesting no issues reported with his set up.  Does the dual nozzle meth set up help.....Pppprobably.  If one were to have fuel pressure issues I would like to assume BPD would have all of them.  Based on that I am inclined to believe it is not necessary.  So I guess a better all around statement would be...or question.....does it help?  Sure...why not?  But its not necessary ...clearly with a trap speed of 119 @11.54 with No E30 and no upgraded fuel pump.  At the price for this undoubtedly nice fuel pump....this would be near the very end of my build....sort of like the end of Mikes build.  BPD you unfortunately are the ruler used to determine how necessary or unnecessary this upgrade is.  The proof is in the pudding 😇

Now its my understanding...and I could be wrong...but if I was going to go E85 then I think the upgraded fuel pump..and to make matters worse theres two to choose from 😕..then this would be a necessity. 

SBS is it true that you've recieved tunes from Livernois and GearHead for your E30 W/upgraded fuel pump?  The latest being the second rendition from Livernois?  This may be the best tune you've recieved for your set up...currently but you make it sound as though its the best you've recieved period.  Hands down the best.  Is that what you meant?  Not every tuner you've previously used has made a tune for you.  Youre comparing Livernois to GearHead only for E30 and uograded fuel pump and Livernois got two chances.  And between the first Livernois and GearHead, GearHead was faster which resulted in your fastwst quarter mile to date.  Didn't want people to think Livernois beat out everyone else who tuned your cars previously.  To be fair you should get another tune from GearHead and do a comparison at the track.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

An HPFP is not NEEDED for bpd's install, but then he is not running high E either.  If anything, he has been staunchly against high E due to E85 having such variable quality at the pump.  If the situation with E85 has changed, that would be good to know, and it helps to provide confirmation such as SM105K did recently on CA and AZ stations.

Having an HPFP is advantageous for running high E over long periods of time.  Lower stoichiometry, higher demand, etc, especially on Gen 4 pumps.  Why run at the top of the range when you are looking for durability.  bpd is ALL about durability.  Another reason is sheer ease of install/value delivered.  10 minutes to swap it out?  Ridiculously easy!  Modify the foam in the appearance cover and retain stock looks too!  Compare that to having to install new fuel lines and dropping in an auxiliary pump etc.  While both approaches have validity, the ease of use factory is easily in an HPFP's favor.

As to Livernois vs other vendors for an upgraded HPFP, IDK.  But I do respect their engineering.  Ya prices are high, but I think you can sit back and relax a lot easier with their products than anyone else's.  So it is a personal choice :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Durability and dependability have ALWAYS ruled in my playbook.

Always.

Now, suffice to say, Dan Millen prefers I have their HPFP integrated into my build. I listen to Dan. He has never once steered me wrong. Not ever.

Plus, the #'s and results have always proven themselves, and consistently at that.

Speaking of consistency, the whole reason he had me ramp up to the two 15lb nozzles of 100% VP M1 Methanol, was to help offset less than desired FRP on the high pressure side of things. Was it ever in jeopardy? Nope. But just simply less than what he desired.

The dual meth nozzle setup alleviated that. Now moving forward.... do I personally want to be SO RELIANT on the Methanol? Nope.

I'd rather it be used for it's intended cooling and cleaning properties, than to rely on it so much as a dedicated, secondary fueling source. Which I am as of current.

Thus why I purchased the HPFP from LMS this past Fall, and am simply waiting on its install, as well as a few other additional upgrade fueling goodies also previously purchased and awaiting install too.

Just waiting on the IC from GH before moving forward.

I agree with SHOdded in so much as that running a completely separate auxiliary fueling setup is not only equally as costly, but is also more "involved" than simply slapping on a modified HPFP that is bolt on, direct replacement.

An auxiliary set up also presents it's own problems as well, that just aren't present with the modded HPFP.

Anyhoo....... ultimately all pieces of a puzzle. Of which each piece is integral to the overall completion goal. Gotta pay to play as the old adage goes.

Now back to the topic at hand, it's exciting to see BJ excited. He's always been objective and neutral in posting his experiences. An excited BJ is a great thing! Oh yea baby.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on December 03, 2018, 05:29:28 AM
WOW BJ! Seems like you're quite excited about this newest tune release from LMS.

That says a lot given you've worked with quite a few tuners, and have been objective in your reviews of each/all of them.

So in other words, you're basically saying that this latest tune offering from LMS is perfect in every possible way, and that there are parameters LMS has tweaked that other tuning competitors haven't quite figured out yet?

Is that a fair question?

Yes, I am VERY excited about this latest tune from LMS. Cody messaged me saying him, Anthony, and their "head tuner" stayed late to put this together for me. And the results in the datalog as well as the seat of the pants feel are really really impressive.

Yes, I have bounced around on the tuning front.. Unleashed, AJPTurbo, BCB, Gearhead, and Livernois between my 2010 and 2016 SHO. I have ALWAYS been impressed with how SMOOTH the LMS tune runs and how clean the datalogs look. I may have been at points underwhelmed with the load I see in the datalogs but have never been disappointed in the ET with LMS but more importantly the consistency in their ET/MPH. Glory runs will get respect from a lot... but dialing in and running a low time consistently wins respect AND money.

1: Timing advance on LMS is SMOOTH... I have YET to see another tuner get spark v2 to follow spark.. silky smooth.. people who datalog know what I am talking about..

2: Boost.. when LMS commands boost its not for the mid range of RPMS.. they command it all the way through redline which is impressive. A tuner may say they command 15psi but they taper off hard at the topend.. LMS holds its all the way to shift..

3: cam positioning..if you look at the exhaust and intake cam position it is very different than any other tune.

Based on my various track visits... and I have been talking to BamSHO, BPD1151, and various others.. I am still baffled at how a tune that demands much less load runs just as fast as tune that call for 3-4 psi and more timing(much more load).. I have posted on the forums asking about it...

Needless to say again... Livernois Engineering has shown over and over again through the various tuners that they are able to get the most of this platform. I ran the same times with a tune that pushed 1.65 average load through third gear from one tuner as a tune from LMS that only pushed 1.52 average through third gear...

And I am not just kissing their booty as anyone can attest.. I am the first one to call them out on when I believe they are wrong or misguiding, and with data not just opinion.  I try to be impartial in all reviews as it has shown to be valuable to new people joining the forums (You're welcome Brad for the business :-P ).

All that being said.. THIS LATEST E30 TUNE FROM LME IS THE BEST TUNE I HAVE RECIEVED.

This may be all fine and good.....certainly sounds it.  BUT is it necessary?  I think we all know the answer to that and no its not by a long shot.  How do I know this?  Well hmmm bc BPD is about to install one or two (now) not previously...who is BPD?  The fastest ecoboost SHO in the world.  Built motor, custom Meth set up with two nozzles, upgraded ATP turbos.  No upgraded fuel pump to speak of.  Hes reported nothing but smoooooth sailing.  With such a high amount of power hes putting down...interesting no issues reported with his set up.  Does the dual nozzle meth set up help.....Pppprobably.  If one were to have fuel pressure issues I would like to assume BPD would have all of them.  Based on that I am inclined to believe it is not necessary.  So I guess a better all around statement would be...or question.....does it help?  Sure...why not?  But its not necessary ...clearly with a trap speed of 119 @11.54 with No E30 and no upgraded fuel pump.  At the price for this undoubtedly nice fuel pump....this would be near the very end of my build....sort of like the end of Mikes build.  BPD you unfortunately are the ruler used to determine how necessary or unnecessary this upgrade is.  The proof is in the pudding 😇

Now its my understanding...and I could be wrong...but if I was going to go E85 then I think the upgraded fuel pump..and to make matters worse theres two to choose from 😕..then this would be a necessity. 

SBS is it true that you've recieved tunes from Livernois and GearHead for your E30 W/upgraded fuel pump?  The latest being the second rendition from Livernois?  This may be the best tune you've recieved for your set up...currently but you make it sound as though its the best you've recieved period.  Hands down the best.  Is that what you meant?  Not every tuner you've previously used has made a tune for you.  Youre comparing Livernois to GearHead only for E30 and uograded fuel pump and Livernois got two chances.  And between the first Livernois and GearHead, GearHead was faster which resulted in your fastwst quarter mile to date.  Didn't want people to think Livernois beat out everyone else who tuned your cars previously.  To be fair you should get another tune from GearHead and do a comparison at the track.

Couple things here...

I may have come across a bit strong in my post. I want to re-iterate that AJPTurbo was one of the only tuners besides LMS to get my 2010 to run correctly. My FASTEST ET/MPH to date is still the meth tune that AJPTurbo put together for my 2010. Brad spent a lot of hours with me working back and forth on getting things ironed out. I have yet to set a PB with my 2016.

Is the HPFP necessary? You are correct in that its not needed nor is it a requirement for running E30. That being said, I am NOT going to run meth on this car like I did on my 2010. I wanted to go in a different direction and after talking with LMS several times decided to go with the HPFP through them. The pump allows me to run an aggressive E30 tune all year round without worrying about fuel pressure. Some people are OK with fuel pressure drops, its one of those "how comfortable are you with not having optimal pressure all the time". For me, personally, I want a set and forget setup..I have been saying this since Day 1 with this car. I don't want to have to be switching tunes when it gets cold and my FRP can't keep up. I spoke with Jordan who run's 11's on Brads E30 tune with the stock HPFP, he is currently or already has a basic 93 tune as he is seeing fuel pressure issues with the extreme cold. Thats not something I want  deal with, so I am not.

FWIW: Meth is fantastic, and BPD1151 has gotten very far on just meth with stock fueling. But its far from perfect and really serves three purposes with our car. A: Alleviate the stock fuel system so you don't loose pressure. B: Clean the intake valves C: Cool the charge.  However its not a drop in system.. read through the posts.. lots of people struggle with getting meth setup correctly.. and then getting tuned for it. I loved my meth setup, just not willing to do it again at this point.

It is my choice who I decide to tune with, I ran the gamut with my 2010, and decided after grenading the motor that I wasn't going to be a guinea pig for tuners on my 2016.  I originally decided to stick with LMS as their tunes have a great track record, and I was fairly happy with the power output on my 2010 from them, not ecstatic but happy.  I ordered the HPFP since that was something I always wanted even before it was released and loaded up the LMS tunes for the HPFP, however was disappointed when I noticed that the rail pressure wasn't changed and demanded was still at stock levels.. I asked LMS about this and received a pretty null answer.

On Facebook Matt reached out to me to see if he could take a shot at tuning the LMS pump and get more out of it. I sat on that offer for well over a month before deciding to give it a try as I highly respect Matt. And true to his abilities he was able to get more pressure out of the pump than LMS did which allowed him to run a higher load on my car thus more power.  But still has issues such as short shifting from second to third, issues with the throttle not responding correctly at the higher loads, etc.. Again, Im not looking to be a guinea pig on my 2016.. I like GH's tune, paid for them, and Matt is a fantastic guy and I recommend him as much as I recommend LMS. His auto octane tune is very well put together.

The SCT platform in my opinion is really good, however, there have ALWAYS been idiosyncrasies in the tunes I have run. Not matter who tunes with it on my 2010 or my 2016 there have always been little issues. I have never had those problems with LMS software. Thats not a knock at the tuners, but more of an observation with SCT based tunes. 

Is this latest tune from LMS the best tune I have received to date including my 2010 and 2016? Like best tune EVER? Bar none? I would venture to say yes for many reasons.

1: The day to day driving on this tune is top notch..part throttle response is way better than their V11 tune and shifting is spot on..
2: The data im pulling from the ECU is SMOOTH... fuel pressure, boost, spark, fuel trims, wastegate, etc.. everything is really well put together
3: The seat of pants feel tells me that this is probably the fastest tune I have received from anyone.  Of course this will need to be validated at the track, but as of now, it FEELS FAST.
4: LME has a FANTASTIC record of only providing SAFE tunes. If they are willing to put their name behind this one and tell me over the phone its as safe as their previous tunes, then that to me is a HUGE plus.
5: There is no guessing in this tune, LME has been tuning these cars for years, so there is no "Let see if this works" in the tune. I appreciate that immensely.

I can go into more details but I believe my point has been made.   

802SHO

When I said personal best I meant in relation to your current car.  You do make a good point.  All of you.  I couldnt resist stirring the pot and thank you for taking it easy on me.  😌
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

If we didn't have potstirrers, where would the fun be.  Anybody can help make a rut in the road LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 03, 2018, 09:34:33 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on December 03, 2018, 05:29:28 AM

Is that a fair question?

Couple things here...

I may have come across a bit strong in my post. I want to re-iterate that AJPTurbo was one of the only tuners besides LMS to get my 2010 to run correctly. My FASTEST ET/MPH to date is still the meth tune that AJPTurbo put together for my 2010. Brad spent a lot of hours with me working back and forth on getting things ironed out. I have yet to set a PB with my 2016.

Is the HPFP necessary? You are correct in that its not needed nor is it a requirement for running E30. That being said, I am NOT going to run meth on this car like I did on my 2010. I wanted to go in a different direction and after talking with LMS several times decided to go with the HPFP through them. The pump allows me to run an aggressive E30 tune all year round without worrying about fuel pressure. Some people are OK with fuel pressure drops, its one of those "how comfortable are you with not having optimal pressure all the time". For me, personally, I want a set and forget setup..I have been saying this since Day 1 with this car. I don't want to have to be switching tunes when it gets cold and my FRP can't keep up. I spoke with Jordan who run's 11's on Brads E30 tune with the stock HPFP, he is currently or already has a basic 93 tune as he is seeing fuel pressure issues with the extreme cold. Thats not something I want  deal with, so I am not.

FWIW: Meth is fantastic, and BPD1151 has gotten very far on just meth with stock fueling. But its far from perfect and really serves three purposes with our car. A: Alleviate the stock fuel system so you don't loose pressure. B: Clean the intake valves C: Cool the charge.  However its not a drop in system.. read through the posts.. lots of people struggle with getting meth setup correctly.. and then getting tuned for it. I loved my meth setup, just not willing to do it again at this point.

It is my choice who I decide to tune with, I ran the gamut with my 2010, and decided after grenading the motor that I wasn't going to be a guinea pig for tuners on my 2016.  I originally decided to stick with LMS as their tunes have a great track record, and I was fairly happy with the power output on my 2010 from them, not ecstatic but happy.  I ordered the HPFP since that was something I always wanted even before it was released and loaded up the LMS tunes for the HPFP, however was disappointed when I noticed that the rail pressure wasn't changed and demanded was still at stock levels.. I asked LMS about this and received a pretty null answer.

On Facebook Matt reached out to me to see if he could take a shot at tuning the LMS pump and get more out of it. I sat on that offer for well over a month before deciding to give it a try as I highly respect Matt. And true to his abilities he was able to get more pressure out of the pump than LMS did which allowed him to run a higher load on my car thus more power.  But still has issues such as short shifting from second to third, issues with the throttle not responding correctly at the higher loads, etc.. Again, Im not looking to be a guinea pig on my 2016.. I like GH's tune, paid for them, and Matt is a fantastic guy and I recommend him as much as I recommend LMS. His auto octane tune is very well put together.

The SCT platform in my opinion is really good, however, there have ALWAYS been idiosyncrasies in the tunes I have run. Not matter who tunes with it on my 2010 or my 2016 there have always been little issues. I have never had those problems with LMS software. Thats not a knock at the tuners, but more of an observation with SCT based tunes. 

You say Livernois got two chances? You would be correct, I have TWO E30 tunes from Livernois Motorsports... I have SEVEN E30 tunes from Gearhead.. and I am sure if I asked Matt today there is another update.. last time I talked to him he said he was on revision 68 of E30 tune. So in all honesty, GH has had more shots than Livernois Engineering.

Is this latest tune from LMS the best tune I have received to date including my 2010 and 2016? Like best tune EVER? Bar none? I would venture to say yes for many reasons.

1: The day to day driving on this tune is top notch..part throttle response is way better than their V11 tune and shifting is spot on..
2: The data im pulling from the ECU is SMOOTH... fuel pressure, boost, spark, fuel trims, wastegate, etc.. everything is really well put together
3: The seat of pants feel tells me that this is probably the fastest tune I have received from anyone.  Of course this will need to be validated at the track, but as of now, it FEELS FAST.
4: LME has a FANTASTIC record of only providing SAFE tunes. If they are willing to put their name behind this one and tell me over the phone its as safe as their previous tunes, then that to me is a HUGE plus.
5: There is no guessing in this tune, LME has been tuning these cars for years, so there is no "Let see if this works" in the tune. I appreciate that immensely.

I can go into more details but I believe my point has been made.   

We are glad to see that you are enjoying the new and improved tune file we created for you and your build, its great to receive all of the positive feedback. As for the not needing the HPFP for E30 with meth, yes this is correct, if you live in warmer climaate that stays warm year round then you should be fine without having the hpfp, but in states such as michigan and many others we see even with meth when people run E30 that it does still stress the fuel system and try to drop fuel pressure, and as you all may know ANY drop in fuel pressure can cause tons of issues such as incomplete combustion/missfires so it is definitely a benefit to use our upgraded HPFP to make your build safer and worry free and give you the peace of mind knowing that no matter what your car will be on the extremely safe side of things and will never have a problem with fueling properly, that is the huge benefit of the HPFP also it gives people another option instead of doing meth when it comes to upgraded turbos

Jordan

I'll be upgrading to a hpfp in the future. Not that I think I need to currently unless it's ethanol blends in the winter weather of course. The 93 tune Mike mentioned above that was dipping in fuel pressure was in a luggy pull where it was extremely taxing on the fuel system. That and the 40 iat2 temps I don't think any stock hpfp could keep up. I would be curious to see how the car would respond in the cold temps with the e30 tune assuming I had proper fuel for it. Given the 11.98 on e30 with the stock fuel system was at 4300 da with iat2 being 125+

However... If you plan on upgrading a couple of those little spinny bois I think it's a necessary upgrade lol. Maybe in the future of course! I'll finish up a few bolt ons that I have in mind before then.

Mike your car do what you want ha! You are the one driving your car if you like nobody else's opinion matters! Glad to see it is working well got you
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

shoNoff

I'll stir the pot more. I refuse to run one because all you say I should.
:blah:
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Quote from: shoNoff on December 03, 2018, 02:20:08 PM
I'll stir the pot more. I refuse to run one because all you say I should.
:blah:

Well if you insist on selling me the one you bought this fall I wholeheartedly agree haha!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque