• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Firestorm HPFP Installed

Started by StealBlueSho, May 04, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So I have been waiting to get my hands on one of these for QUITE some time. On my 2010 I ended up going with the Alky Kit to resolve fuel pressure issues since the HPFP upgrades were not available. However, on my virgin 2016 I decided to pull the trigger. 

A BIG shout out to Cody over at LMS for answering my questions, putting up with my canceling, then calling back to place the order, and the 5 different tune revisions I asked for. Then for answering a couple quick questions for the installation.

Installation was super easy, if you follow my how to on the HPFP replacement, its pretty much spot on... a couple changes...

1: You will need to bend the high pressure fuel line SLIGHTLY up so it will line up with the new pump
2: The electrical plug needs to be unbound from the taped up wiring harness. This will include cutting back the tape to free up the plug so it can reach the new pump.

Those are the ONLY two differences between putting in a stock pump and the Firestorm pump. Silly easy..

Initial datalogging shows MUCH more stable fuel pressure, fuel pressure is holding desired where as before it was dropping well below 1000psi which is downright dangerous if sustain, which is was.  The car drives really realy well.. smooth, pulls through the RPM range smooth.. very happy with this purchase and support from LMS.

ZSHO

Congrats there Bud! I'm a tad Jelly starring @ that beauty..  :thumb:  I hope it proves to be worthy and then some...
I'm anxious to see some actual time-slips @ the track.  Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

hawkeye93

Quote from: BJSHO on May 04, 2018, 01:12:12 PM
Installation was super easy, if you follow my how to on the HPFP replacement, its pretty much spot on... a couple changes...

1: You will need to bend the high pressure fuel line SLIGHTLY up so it will line up with the new pump
2: The electrical plug needs to be unbound from the taped up wiring harness. This will include cutting back the tape to free up the plug so it can reach the new pump.

Nice, I like it.  Is this just the Xtreme-DI HPFP rebranded as Livernois?  The XDI installation video makes the same note about bending the HP fuel line.  XDI apparently includes a wiring extension to reach the pump electrical socket.

! No longer available
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

StealBlueSho

Thanks!!! No, they are different pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Why is 1000 psi dangerous if it holds AFR?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 04, 2018, 03:09:29 PM
Why is 1000 psi dangerous if it holds AFR?

There was an article about DI motors and blow back into the injectors when cylinder pressure exceeds what the injectors pressures are. But besides that, I have run extremely low pressures before ~700psi and the motor runs like crap, the ecu starts to close up the throttle, and it doesn't perform well...

Then there is also the whole discussion about properly atomizing the fuel in order to help cool the cylinders to prevent knock...

I can dig up all the articles, but its not just about AFR's.

Most tuners don't like seeing anything below 1500psi for safety reasons in any event...

I am sure you have seen and experienced the issues with low fuel pressure while you were nailing down that E85 tune with Brad.

FoMoCoSHO

I do wonder if 1450 is the safe threshold as far as backpressure is concerned....that is the psi the max flow is rated for both Injector and pump.

SHOdded

Z, I wouldn't be jelly if the appearance cover doesn't fit anymore.  LOL.

Mike, the new pump looks great, and glad it is functioning as intended.  Now you can breathe easy!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

FYI... the cover DOES fit back on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

That IS a change then.  Doubly awesome upgrade!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

That's good because it's against Federal law to remove it....i wish I was kidding but I just read that in the cmax OM....wtf?

SHOdded

:o :o :D  It's against federal law to breathe LOL.  But then you have a hybrid.

Gray Brick

What is the difference between the Xtreme and Livernois pumps?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Gray Brick on May 04, 2018, 08:05:55 PM
What is the difference between the Xtreme and Livernois pumps?

Two different developers... in all honesty.. I am not sure there is much difference? The entry level pump from XDI claims 35% more flow while the LMS Firestorm pump claims 40%...

The LMS pump is $200 cheaper as well.

Macgyver

So what is the limit of this pump then HP wise? Approximately. I get that this saves your motor for sure and is worth the money.