• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Puddle Lamps

Started by StealBlueSho, May 02, 2018, 08:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So the company that makes the LED projection Ford logo for the puddle lamps is willing to make one with the SHO logo instead. How many of you guys would be interested? The cost would probably be the same as the Ford logo lights at $60 for pair. Let me know, I am in contact with them. Would be nice to provide a rough number of interested parties.

***Update***: They have responded back saying they are sending the images to their development guys and will get back with me later on what they come up with.

***Update***: ***UPDATE***: They have agreed to do it, but it will take around 10 days or so for the first batch to be done. I asked for a rendering or sample of what they have come up with. I will post as soon as I get a picture.

Link to the current puddle lamps...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Shadow-LEDS-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Puddle-Lights-For-2010-17-Ford-Explorer/132310779274?fits=Model%3ATaurus%7CSubmodel%3ASHO&hash=item1ece56458a:g:lloAAOSwQWlZpSfs&vxp=mtr

Thanks BPD1151 for the link!

bpd1151

Will it be the same 'SHO' type font as current on the 2010's & up....??

If so, then I'm in for at least 1 pair, likely 2.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 02, 2018, 08:49:20 AM
Will it be the same 'SHO' type font as current on the 2010's & up....??

If so, then I'm in for at least 1 pair, likely 2.

Yes, I sent them images of font styling of the gen4 and gen5 SHO's...  they responded back they would be willing to make them. Just waiting on more information from them. I figured the Gen 1/2/3 styling wouldn't be a good fit...

StealBlueSho

These are the two images I provided them for styling.

bpd1151

In for at least 1 pair then.

bpd1151

Go post this over on SHOForum too for more interest and/or committed purchases.

mval

i'd be in for a set of them. since plug & play. i know bpd can't be on fb but the fb page ecoboost enthusiast has a strong sho following so might get some more hits there. my self would actually like white background color instead of blue but wouldn't keep me from buying a set.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Ford will be switching over to LED puddle lamps soon.  Don't expect them to be brighter than the incandescents, but let's see.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mval on May 02, 2018, 10:05:30 AM
i'd be in for a set of them. since plug & play. i know bpd can't be on fb but the fb page ecoboost enthusiast has a strong sho following so might get some more hits there. my self would actually like white background color instead of blue but wouldn't keep me from buying a set.

I have it posted on the Ford Taurus SHO Owner Club on the book of face. I have approx 15 that said they would be down for a set... granted... posting on facebook vs opening your wallet are two very different things...

In any event, its apparent the interest is there.

jman

Quote from: BJSHO on May 02, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
Off topic...
Where did you find the SHO emblem overlay by devriesdesigns? I can't find it on his eBay store.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: jman on May 02, 2018, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: BJSHO on May 02, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
Off topic...
Where did you find the SHO emblem overlay by devriesdesigns? I can't find it on his eBay store.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/287096717/domed-ford-taurus-sho-emblem-overlay

bpd1151

If that link is not helpful for that vendor (sometimes when images are magnified, the ends are left pixel-ated etc.) LMK.....

I think I have an extra set of the 'SHO' letters that Classic Cars Ken made for my interior doors left over.

They're black vinyl, and the edges maybe possibly be crisper than the images found online.

They may BORROW them for this project as long as they're returned (I recall Ken saying he was going to stop making the hood stripes and those letters, so I need to keep them on hand in event of an accident, etc. **cringe**).

LMK If needed, I can start searching them if so.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 02, 2018, 12:04:37 PM
If that link is not helpful for that vendor (sometimes when images are magnified, the ends are left pixel-ated etc.) LMK.....

I think I have an extra set of the 'SHO' letters that Classic Cars Ken made for my interior doors left over.

They're black vinyl, and the edges maybe possibly be crisper than the images found online.

They may BORROW them for this project as long as they're returned (I recall Ken saying he was going to stop making the hood stripes and those letters, so I need to keep them on hand in event of an accident, etc. **cringe**).

LMK If needed, I can start searching them if so.

I appreciate the offer! However, I would not feel comfortable sending something out to a company I don't know with the expectation of getting them back. I suspect this is all done China...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twintrbskies

I would be down for a set so count me in.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

derfdog15

You should get a custom set BJSHO, that has the BJ added in to the logo. This seems like an awesome opportunity for everyone who still has a SHO though, for sure!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car