• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Global Down Windows issue

Started by Scott13SHO, May 01, 2018, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

In the past couple weeks, I've come out to my car in the morning to find both front windows and the sunroof popped open, even though they where closed the night before. It's happened two times in the past two weeks.

I heard of the global down windows option on the car, but never knew how to use it till just before.

So outside of a cat standing on top of the keyfob for 3 seconds holding down the unlock key to activate it- is there something else I can take a look at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

ZSHO

Th vehicle Battery original?  If so might be a good time to invest in a stronger battery such as the Motorcraft 750 or 850 . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott13SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on May 01, 2018, 03:16:22 PM
Battery original?  If so might be a good time to invest in a stronger battery such as the Motorcraft 750 or 850 . Z

I replaced about 2 years ago.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott13SHO on May 01, 2018, 03:17:33 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 01, 2018, 03:16:22 PM
Battery original?  If so might be a good time to invest in a stronger battery such as the Motorcraft 750 or 850 . Z

I replaced about 2 years ago.

How many volts are you seeing via engineering mode! 
If you installed the Motorcraft 650 battery they are prone to failing and will cause the vehicle to act wonky @ times.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6955.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

With a 650 or an 850?  What do the CCAs test out at?  Any chance buttons are being pressed accidentally?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Izzybird

I think I would just turn the global open option off. There are many complaints across different platforms of coming back to the vehicle and windows are down, many swear they hadn't even touched the fob. Unless it's simply a voltage issue like stated previously.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

TSS

Mine was related to a battery issue.

The thing that is seemingly unique about this post (at least to me)  is that he says only the front windows went down.  At least with mine, global opens all four windows..... Given, mine is a pre-2013.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SHOdded

Do all 4 start lowering at the same time, Todd, or front first then rear?   May be a lifesaving measure for the battery to not open the rears.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Izzybird on May 02, 2018, 09:51:08 AM
I think I would just turn the global open option off. There are many complaints across different platforms of coming back to the vehicle and windows are down, many swear they hadn't even touched the fob. Unless it's simply a voltage issue like stated previously.

I've had my sunroof and all four windows go down three times now.  I chalked the first one up to having the FOB in my pants pocket in a pile of stuff next to me while I slept in a ice fishing house overnight but then when it happened to me two more times I was second guessing how the first one happened.  It's a little unnerving.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Izzybird

Quote from: SilvererSHO on May 02, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

I've had my sunroof and all four windows go down three times now.  I chalked the first one up to having the FOB in my pants pocket in a pile of stuff next to me while I slept in a ice fishing house overnight but then when it happened to me two more times I was second guessing how the first one happened.  It's a little unnerving.

That would definitely piss me off. The wife used to drive volkswagens and they are notorious for electrical gremlins, doors locking and unlocking..windows up and down..dash goes dark..etc. I came to expect it from the "European Dodge", but not from a Ferd.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

TSS

Do all 4 start lowering at the same time, Todd, or front first then rear?   May be a lifesaving measure for the battery to not open the rears.

I am driving a different car today. That's a good question. I'll check later when I get home, but my recollection is that all four go down at the same time. I will check though.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

SHOdded

That would be a lot of power draw.  TIA.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Izzybird on May 03, 2018, 10:12:40 AM
Quote from: SilvererSHO on May 02, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

That would definitely piss me off. The wife used to drive volkswagens and they are notorious for electrical gremlins, doors locking and unlocking..windows up and down..dash goes dark..etc. I came to expect it from the "European Dodge", but not from a Ferd.

My SHO replaced a 2012 Jetta TDI and the only problems I had with it in 201,000 miles were electrical.  Constantly replacing bulbs, horn went out, Bluetooth went out, electrical sensor on exhaust system etc. etc.  Never heard European Dodge before.  That sums it up nicely!
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

TSS

Confirmed. All four start lowering at the same time. Sunroof also tilts at the same time. Yeah Lotta power draw. It's a good gimmicky novelty, but I'm gonna say I use the open and close feature may be four times in six years. Maybe.

Vortech347

Make sure you aren't sitting on your keyfob or keeping it in your pocket.  It sounds stupid but I can't even squat down for something with my keys in my pocket or the effing panic goes off, car unlocks or locks, or the fricken trunk opens.  It's SOOO ANNOYING!!!!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0