• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Thanks AJP!

Started by ShoNuff757, May 01, 2018, 02:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoNuff757

I just wanted to add to the already overwhelmingly positive reputation that Brad has. He recently tuned my '11 SHO, which was previously tuned by another prominent tuner, and never ran right. The previous tuner had me chasing non-existent hardware issues, which were actually errors in his tune. Upon uploading the very first tune file to my car, Brad's tune was noticeably better than the previous one, which was on it's fifth revision. After only two subsequent revisions, the car was good-to-go, and has never run better (or gotten better mileage!).
I definitely feel that my money was well-spent, and my only regret is that I didn't go to AJPTurbo first!
2011 SHO non-PP. Tuned by AJP Turbo.

"Remember: No matter where you go...there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai

AJP turbo

Thank you...it's always a nice feeling to hear when people are satisfied with their tune and when they are happy with their car again
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ShoNuff757

I'm glad that I didn't end up throwing a pair of O2s on the thing, when it didn't need them! The car is seriously running really great. I'll probably be in touch when/if I spring for downpipes.

AJP turbo

Quote from: ShoNuff757 on May 01, 2018, 02:51:55 PM
I'm glad that I didn't end up throwing a pair of O2s on the thing, when it didn't need them! The car is seriously running really great. I'll probably be in touch when/if I spring for downpipes.

Spring time is new parts time! And don't forget your sig!

Maybe at some point you will need 02 sensors though considering you have a 2011 and they are important sensors for properly controlling the fuel though

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Skydogs

I had about the same experience!!! Brads the man!!!! O2 sensors hhhhmmmmmm lol I did buy those....
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

SilvererSHO

Brad definitely has a good reputation here.  I don't ever remember anyone badmouthing the man here, and if they did, he must have buried them next to Jimmy Hoffa and he hasn't been heard from since....
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Twintrbskies

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 01, 2018, 02:59:35 PM
Quote from: ShoNuff757 on May 01, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

Spring time is new parts time! And don't forget your sig!

Lol Like he said, I would change your sig to the new tuner as we all know who was the old one.  ;)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ShoNuff757 on May 01, 2018, 02:16:30 PM
I just wanted to add to the already overwhelmingly positive reputation that Brad has. He recently tuned my '11 SHO, which was previously tuned by another prominent tuner, and never ran right. The previous tuner had me chasing non-existent hardware issues, which were actually errors in his tune. Upon uploading the very first tune file to my car, Brad's tune was noticeably better than the previous one, which was on it's fifth revision. After only two subsequent revisions, the car was good-to-go, and has never run better (or gotten better mileage!).
I definitely feel that my money was well-spent, and my only regret is that I didn't go to AJPTurbo first!

There are some tuners out there that will suggest hardware issues if the car doesn't respond the way they normally see it. Even if there isn't an issue.. ask me how I know... Brad does a good job rooting out that crap.

ShoNuff757

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 01, 2018, 02:59:35 PM

And don't forget your sig!

oops! yeah, good call. Fixed!

ShoNuff757

Quote from: BJSHO on May 02, 2018, 11:33:49 AMThere are some tuners out there that will suggest hardware issues if the car doesn't respond the way they normally see it. Even if there isn't an issue.. ask me how I know... Brad does a good job rooting out that crap.

Indeed. In my case, my car wasn't running right, and I was being told to replace parts. Brad quickly got it sorted out, and had it running like a scalded dog, and no parts needed to be replaced!

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on May 02, 2018, 11:33:49 AM
Quote from: ShoNuff757 on May 01, 2018, 02:16:30 PM

There are some tuners out there that will suggest hardware issues if the car doesn't respond the way they normally see it. Even if there isn't an issue.. ask me how I know... Brad does a good job rooting out that crap.
And junk strategies.  You are not the only person that I have heard of that had a finicky strategy others had problems with and Brad was able to work his Magic on.

Another very happy customer here, been running my AJP tune over a year now and loving it.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Gray Brick

Very happy with AJP as well!!!
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

802SHO

Brad is amazing at what he does!  He's working on my new meth tune as we speak.  I didn't have serious issues with my old tune but I knew it just wasn't performing as it should.  Finally reached out to Brad and after some logs, confirmed it was in fact not performing as it could be.  My peak boost was 10.8 on Meth.  Brads base 93 3 bar tune w/out meth blew it out of the water.   Its sort of frightening to find out how its going to feel when we get the meth tune started and dialed in.  I'd say its long overdue and hats off to Brad.  Very professional, friendly and timely responses.  Bottom line, Brad = results.  Scratching my head why I didn't reach out earlier.  Highly recommend anyone who feels like their tune just isn't quite as advertised...AJPTURBO will make your car feel like it was stock before he tuned it. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Skydogs

Quote from: 802SHO on May 03, 2018, 08:06:06 PM
Brad is amazing at what he does!  He's working on my new meth tune as we speak.  I didn't have serious issues with my old tune but I knew it just wasn't performing as it should.  Finally reached out to Brad and after some logs, confirmed it was in fact not performing as it could be.  My peak boost was 10.8 on Meth.  Brads base 93 3 bar tune w/out meth blew it out of the water.   Its sort of frightening to find out how its going to feel when we get the meth tune started and dialed in.  I'd say its long overdue and hats off to Brad.  Very professional, friendly and timely responses.  Bottom line, Brad = results.  Scratching my head why I didn't reach out earlier.  Highly recommend anyone who feels like their tune just isn't quite as advertised...AJPTURBO will make your car feel like it was stock before he tuned it.

God yes!!! Brad has a hot hot hot Meth tune in my car and it is nuts!! Can't wait to run at the track!! His work and time to get every thing spot on does not happen much in the aftermarket world anymore if at all!!!!

Thank you again
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

AJP turbo

Quote from: Skydogs on May 03, 2018, 10:42:19 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on May 03, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

God yes!!! Brad has a hot hot hot Meth tune in my car and it is nuts!! Can't wait to run at the track!! His work and time to get every thing spot on does not happen much in the aftermarket world anymore if at all!!!!

Thank you again

Yeah Skydogs your tune is HOT HOT and a little scary but you got what you wanted after being persistent LOL. You are like a real meth addict. Get that thing to the track and or dyno because I'm curious about it and I don't really condone your power levels but you weren't going to stop until you got it.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress