• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out

Started by Mr Pink, April 29, 2018, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pink

This morning as usual I auto start my Ex from inside my house to have it warm up for a few mins before I drive it.
After about 3 mins of having the Ex running, I then get into the car close the door and a few seconds later my back window just blows out for no reason.
Anyone have any experience or have heard of this happening before?
Ford is closed today, so I'll be there bright and early tomorrow.
I'm located in so cal, weather was about 60* when window blew out.
Any info please.
Thanks

ZSHO

There is a history of vehicles equipped with the panoramic sunroofs shattering but to a lesser extent but thankfully no one was injured during the incident..
Due setup an intro @ your earliest convenience. Thanks .  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6768.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Back windows have shattered on the Edge from time to time, have not heard of it on the X yet tho.  On the most recent MYs for the Edge, they blame the rear defrost heater connection and have a CSP 17B39 out to replace the glass if it does break.

"In Canada they put a lot of salt on road and the melting snow or ice with the salt can enter in the rear wiper motor and it become very hot

The rear window is at external temperature below zero and the motor is hot result that the rear glass broke with the difference of temperature between both sides

The repair is to remove the rear wiper motor, clean it and the axle to remove all trace of salt, install a new bushing in the rear window with silicon grease  reinstall the motor and with the silicon grease and the new bushing the salt and water will no longer enter in the motor"
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!