• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Newly Acquired 'SHO' Signage.....

Started by bpd1151, April 27, 2018, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Been busy last couple of weeks monkeying around with a unique project. Utilizing what lil bit of free time I had.

So, there's been a business located in the town where I am employed, that has changed hands multiple times over the years. Originally it was an Applebee's which closed several years ago. The next two iterations were sushi/steak restaurants. Both of which did not last long.

The building has been vacant now for nearly two years. Recently, while on duty and patrolling, I noticed activity occurring in the form of several dumpsters combined with what appeared to be demolition work occurring.

Hmmmm I thought to myself. Interesting. So I made a couple of phone calls and got connected with BOTH the General Contractor, as well as the lead Demolition person.

Explaining my desires, coupled with showing them both several pics of the 'SHO' etc. I was graciously permitted to enter the job site, tools in hand, to remove all of the below signage from the buildings face/facade in order to re-purpose them for my own use.

They both thought it was a unique and cool idea.

Couple of weeks ago, during what hopefully was our area's last bought of cold temps, snow and ice, I removed them as needed.

Transported them home, cleaned them up and then began the process of hanging them in my garage.

So today, I was able to tackle the last part of the project, which was to re-wire them and install a AC to DC power converter, as the lighting was/is all LED in the same white as are the LED's used all around my SHO itself.

Really happy with the way it turned out. Wife at 1st said I was juvenile, then quipped that the letters were "awfully large". But once hung and now powered, she actually said that it isn't as obscene as she originally thought it was going to be.

So all in all, not a bad little project. Unique and incredibly cool that it was/is black and white, and uses white LED's to boot.

Just thought to share. I'll have some nice mood lighting now to drink beer to this Summer. Hahaha.

StinkinLinkin13

Damn dude. Thats some next level s*** right there! Awesome.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

sho off... get a tan while detailing the SHO in the garage... nice!

In all honesty, good find!!!!

SHOdded

Neat and unique!  Another custom bpd touch.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

jman

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

lamrith

VERY NICE!

Since they are LED they should be low amp/Watt to run.  So now you need to get a backdrop for your show booth that can take the weight of those letters, and use it for your show display too!!

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

bpd1151

Actually, they're surprisingly light in weight.

The frames are aluminum powder coated black. The faces of each letter are white acrylic.

Toss in the LED's and wallah.

The only problem in using them in a show display, are their sheer size, coupled with a challenging ability on how to go about mounting/displaying them.

Believe me, I have (and continue to) think about it. Still scratching my head though.

griggs95

That's just absolutely ridiculously coolio!
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

FoMoCoSHO

Your shrine is missing some candles....

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 28, 2018, 02:24:31 PM
Your shrine is missing some candles....
Ssshhhhhh......

I use the candles for my private time with BAM_SHO.

Apparently he has an affinity for hot wax drippings.

LOL.

Would hate to take that away from him now.

bamsho

Really Sparkles.  You were to keep that a secret.  😂😂
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

I think one of the moderators need to give BPD1151 and BAMSHO their own section on forum... looks like things are gonna get saucy!  :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

SHOdded

I have to see the video first, sorry.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Well now its just getting weird....