• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Interior restyling help

Started by lamrith, April 27, 2018, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

I am in the middle of some visual upgrades on my SHO.  1st step is exterior, but I also am considering some interrior tweaks.

My primary question is about the passenger dash panel.  On the SHO it has "SHO" on it.  Some other models I have seen it say TAURUS and I think I saw one that said LIMITED?  My questions is, is that lettering part of the panel when you buy it, or is it a separate emblem that is attached afterwards?  I am hoping they are separate so I can buy the panel from another model and then put the SHO logo back on it for a custom look.

I looked on Tasca and it does not show a picture, just a wire drawing and says nothing about logo.
DG1Z-54046A62-AB
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

bpd1151

The letter are separate pieces.

I learned this from center gauge pod maker, and FMC FRAP employee Chris Curtis (rest in peace my friend, you are still very much missed).....

He was gracious enough to research this when he 1st started making his pods, as he (and I both) desired to have that same material found above the glove box, to be the face of each of our gauge pods.

It was pricey material, even for him to acquire,  but he did it. I still have those 3 three little 'SHO' letters lying around somewhere in the garage.

griggs95

I've been wanting to (procrastination) take mine off for awhile now. If I'm not mistaken, they are the same ones that are by the back doors in the corners? They are so small that I don't think anyone notices them at all which is why I may keep those ones on. Sheesh, to do it or not, that is the question lol.

So anyways, I think they can be just heat gunned off myself but I will go check later today.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

glock-coma

Dental floss or fishing line works well for removing them.
Then just a small amount of residue  left to clean up.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

lamrith

Good info, thanks guys!

I am a bit old fashioned in what I like for styling.  Never been a huge fan of the carbon fiber coverings on things, blacked out etc.  More old school, chrome and wood trim, etc..

My goal is to install the woodgrain trim from the Limited model, but I did not want it to say "Taurus" or "Limited" across the passenger side dash piece.  Either nothing at all, or I will install the SHO lettering myself.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

jman

I like having that emblem there, when people ask me if it is a Taurus I tell them... "oh no, it's and SHO !" :)

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

lamrith

Quote from: jman on April 27, 2018, 02:20:12 PM
I like having that emblem there, when people ask me if it is a Taurus I tell them... "oh no, it's and SHO !" :)
yeah I like the SHO emblem too, which is what worried me about getting one from another trim package, bad enough if it had nothing there, worse would be for it to say Taurus..  Bleh who would drive one off those boats!?