• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PFC Carbon Pads?

Started by Twintrbskies, April 24, 2018, 01:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

Heard some mention of Performance Friction pads on previous posts. Has anyone used PFC Carbon-metallic pads with the stock rotors with any good reports? Local folks here talk nothing but high praises about them performing and being very low on dust.

My other options were using yellow stuff or Raybestos on these blanks. Guess I'm just looking for some good input for this hefty ride as most post I have read refer to pads and rotor combos.

I had Raybestos pads on my blown F150 which worked beautifully. Always had a firm pedal and for a truck on 35's stopped pretty well.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SHOdded

Been nearly 2 decades since I ran PFC CMs on my SHO.  Made a great combo with the Baer rotors.  But I dunno if they have kept up with pad material technology.  Definitely were dusty, not a lot, but noticeably so.

Raybestos police pads might be just the thing for you.  Or the yellowstuff.  Or Carbotech Bobcat.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Twintrbskies

Thanks SHOdded. I appreciate the feedback. Recently I had the fun of slowing from 130+ and I may say, these stocks pads STINK!. I am really leaning for the yellow stuff pads but also wanted to see what anyone thinks about the Stoptech pads.

https://www.summitracing.com/compare

I only ask because I will also be road-racing the car occasionally (Not sure i trust the police pads) along with daily driving and drags. I would like to get the best pads with the stock blanks until i invest in the an entire brake system. Thanks again
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Twintrbskies

Update from my experience,

I went with the yellow stuff pads all the way around with R1 concepts Geomet rotors and absolutely love the braking power they provide.

I've been to the Texas Mile where you can go all out for a mile and had to slow the car down from 160+. The yellow stuff pads work freaking awesome in braking but are VERY dusty. After about a week of driving the rims are needing to be cleaned again You kind of have to pick your battle with these.

I chose intense braking. Others will say different.

SHOdded

Seal the rims, make cleanup MUCH easier.

Glad the combo is working out great!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!