• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 MKS - No Regular Oil Changes - The result:

Started by irondoor19, April 23, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So my master Mech. Took in a 2010 MKS 3.5 L turbo, after a non qualified shop replaced one of the 2 turbos.. the new owner has extended warranty service contract, and the car ended up at his shop, pictures of the damaged turbos r included. So no oil changes, or very little, oil lines feeding the turbos were clogged and caked up...broken shaft and sideways impeller on the second one... he says replacement turbo from ford now has no tabs to mount it to the existing turbo mounts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Twintrbskies

Wow! I really wish average car owners saw more like this so they understand the importance of general maintenance. Those poor turbos.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Holy crap!
That thing had to be running pretty bad. Lofl!

Ive seen some nasty turb wheels but those are truly pooched.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

abs

That is correct, the new replacement Ford turbos have a slightly modified housing which do not include the "tabs" for the two brackets to mount them.  Ford says the brackets are no longer required when replacing the turbos.   Makes one wonder why the brackets were there in the first place if they aren't needed!

Gray Brick

One of my ATP+2 turbos didn't have the tabs.... ohh well.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Agentlongwood

I don't understand what oil changes have to do with the second picture.  The first one makes sense. Not being fed oil, so the shaft wears... but the second one looks like the fins are damaged on the compressor.  As if the turbo was sucking in tiny rocks or something, lol.  How is that damage caused by lack of oil change?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SM105K

The turbo in the second pic ate something....or many things....
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |