• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Yet another newbie

Started by shoNoff, April 21, 2018, 07:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Hey guys just joined the forum today and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim and I just picked up a 2013 SHO PP in white platinum pearl. Car has 52k on it bought it certified preowned roughly a week ago. So far the car has been fantastic but I've only driven it roughly 50 miles as I left for vacation the day after I picked it up. I'm an avid car nut and drag racer. I've had anything from 500whp turbo srt-4, built small block fox bodies, to big block back halved all out drag mustangs. The sho is my first twin turbo direct injected car I've ever dealt with. My dad has a 2016 Ecoboost mustang pp with some boltons and a tune so I'm a little familiar with the single turbo eco's. I'm having all the tranny,ptu and rear diff fluids changed this week at my local ford dealer. It's just to damn cold up here to do it myself still. I'm looking to safely push this tank of a car into the mid 12's. I'm hoping a good tune which I'm looking into, tstat, plugs, and 3bar map will get me close. Any other suggestions or things I'm missing that I should be checking over before I mod it his beast? Also how is the drivability with the tune for you guys? I drive the car daily to work as it's my only vehicle currently and sometimes carry clients in it. Thanks for the help guys looking forward to helping the community the best I can
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

Welcome to SHO ownership and the community, Tim, and congrats on the new ride.  We have a TSB/recall section that you may like to peruse, as well as a HOWTO section.  In addition, keeping the coolant regularly refreshed will keep the water pump from going south.  Ditto by using a quality full synthetic oil with no extended OCIs, please.

Check for pooling oil in the turbo piping.  There shouldnt be any.  Check intercooler for crud buildup - fuel/oil/water.

Mid 12s are possible without major mods.  Low 12s require race gas, methanol injection, or both.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PDSHO

Greetings and welcome.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost