• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just got myself an SHO.

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, April 20, 2018, 09:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

Ok so I have a post in the ecoboost swap section about why I wanted an Sho. Well I got myself a 2010 to use as a donor car for my build.... car showed up today and it's reallllllly nice. I think it may be to nice to chop up for parts. I don't think it's the PP :( has 20" black rims but has a spare. Tried three different run your vin sites and none worked. I've only played around with the car a little the person I bought the car from said it has bad turbos. Was going to buy a set of atp that was on eBay last week but didn't have the car yet to verify. The car is smoking pretty bad and smells. Im going to have to look into "how to tell if your turbos are bad" the car is appears 100% stock. I looked into my options. New oem turbo, stock rebuild, stock turbo upgrade rebuild and atp (stock turbo modified?)
Do I want more power.... who doesn't! Car has 150k but looks like it has 39k inside and out.  Been trolling the forum since I signed up
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

Macgyver

Oh awesome. Well judging by your skills. Getting her to non smoking form should be easy. Just change all fluids as you already know to do.

mjhpadi

There really isn't much to the PP in the 10-12 cars, other than different material brake pads and a bit different drivetrain ratio they are the same as the non PP cars, well the pp cars didn't come with a spare tire....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHOdded

Pull codes first.  Few codes trigger CELs.

Pull the hoses going into the turbos, check for pooling oil.  Did you rev the engine or simply let it idle?  If there is no audible whine or grinding, the wheels are probably ok, but while you have the hose off, you can confirm that as well.

Check the intercooler for pooling crud, there is a HOWTO on checking & cleaning it.

Check engine oil for metal pieces and signs of coolant contamination.  Best to run a UOA like Blackstone to verify.

Fuel injectors tend to let go as miles get high, so if there is a fuel smell, likely means all injectors need to be changed out.  Hopefully the cats have not been damaged and excess fuel can be burnt off.

If you smell coolant being burnt off or coolant level in the reservoir is low to nonexistent, you may have a coolant pump leak.  Which means removing the front cover to replace it.

Plugs would need changed at a minimum, check for valve cover gasket leak at the same time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Send me a PM with the Vin and can check for ya! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PDSHO

Welcome, enjoy your time here.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

Spyder3000gtvr4

Hey everybody thanks for your reply's I'm going to look into all this when I get home in two weeks. So far I fixed the little cover next to the shifter and started pulling the sunshade it was stuck half up the 2 arms are bent. I want to get the car 100% before deciding what I'm going to do.... leaning towards just making it my spare car. 
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

Macgyver

Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on April 22, 2018, 08:17:48 PM
Hey everybody thanks for your reply's I'm going to look into all this when I get home in two weeks. So far I fixed the little cover next to the shifter and started pulling the sunshade it was stuck half up the 2 arms are bent. I want to get the car 100% before deciding what I'm going to do.... leaning towards just making it my spare car.

Not a bad car for a spare.