• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync Post-update Issue

Started by jman, April 19, 2018, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

About 3 weeks ago and after registering on Ford's website I got a message that there was an update available for my Sync.
I downloaded and installed DE8T-14D544-AD, it did not complete as outlined on the instructions so I repeated the procedure 3 times with the same results. Although it appears to not complete the installation (no message), I do get a functional Sync and the confirmation file is loaded into my USB.

The issue is that now the media screen always defaults to Line-In and I have to press BT every time I re-start the car. It also defaults to Repeat.

I like that I now get the song titles but hate this default issue. Any ideas?

2010 SHO is Sync 1 or Sync 2? 

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

jman

SHOdded

Sync 2.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1022988_ford-previews-sync-v2-0-ahead-of-november-launch
Ford previews Sync V2.0 ahead of November launch
James Martinez
3 Aug 30, 2008
Ford previews Sync V2.0 ahead of November launchFord previews Sync V2.0 ahead of November launchFord previewed its next generation Sync platform at a recent press event at its Irvine headquarters in California, revealing a number of new features that are set to appear this November. The new Sync V2.0 platform is coupled with Sirius Travel Link and offers greater support for the existing syncmyride.com portal, providing users with two new features.

One of the new functions is '911 assist,' a system that uses a Bluetooth paired mobile phone to dial local emergency services automatically should a vehicle's airbag be deployed. The other is the 'Vehicle Health Report,' a feature that can run a real-time diagnostic report of your vehicle and then display the data at the SyncMyRide website.

Ford also used the event to reveal details about its third-generation Sync system, which is due to the hit streets "sometime" next year. The new system will be able to provide free traffic, news, sports and weather reports all with one voice-operated command. In the meantime, users can subscribe to Sirius Travel Link for $7 a month, enabling access to real-time traffic info, weather, fuel station prices, movie show-times and sports scores.

For the uninitiated, Sync is a voice-activated infotainment platform that integrates your car's communications and entertainment systems with a host of external devices such as music players, PDAs and mobile phones.

FROM the 2010 Brochure:

SYNC ENHANCEMENTS FOR THE NEW 2010 TAURUS:
■ Up-to-the-minute weather
■ Traffic alerts
■ Turn-by-turn directions
■ Business searches
■ Personalized news: business, sports, entertainment and more
■ 911 Assist
■ Vehicle Health Reports
■ All hands-free and voice-activated
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jman

Thanks for the info.
Still need to figure out what is happening, will have to reinstall it once again.
Yesterday I noticed that on the 3 split screen, the climate screen was only showing the temp set point, everything else was blank. Increased the fan speed and fan symbol appeared, then pressed the recirculation button and vent arrows appeared... weird...