• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DA5T-14D544-BD. SYNC2 v3.6

Started by Skydogs, April 19, 2018, 10:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skydogs

Hey guys this is the software I am running on my 2013 SHO last update was Jul 13, 2012 that was long time ago!? I log in to Ford and it says I am up to date? I find that hard to believe? Am I running the latest and greatest software?

Thank you Skydog
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

djxfactor

I'm running 3.8, but Ford had also told me I was up to date on the Ford Owner site. It's been a while since I did it, but I basically just googled where to manually get the files and then just did the update myself with a USB stick.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

lamrith

What benefit if any is there to doing an update?  My luck is I usually lose some sort of features whenever I upgrade electronics firmware.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Skydogs

Quote from: lamrith on April 19, 2018, 12:04:42 PM
What benefit if any is there to doing an update?  My luck is I usually lose some sort of features whenever I upgrade electronics firmware.

Yeah great question or my s*** normally crashes or something bad happens with a new update.... lol
Boost and meth life!!

griggs95

I'm afraid of updates and such. I haven't updated anything since 2012 and my car runs fine at 83k.  People say you should update and "it wouldn't hurt" but I've been hurt by a few updates on my computers in the house, or my phone lol.  I don't know what to tell you about this one. I just update when I'm forced to usually.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

ZSHO

3.8 is the latest version IIRC! I am currently on the road and don't have access to the files @ the moment but can provide them for ya later. LMK.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Skydogs

Perfect yes thank you then I can throw on a flash and upload in to car right?
Thank you so much
Boost and meth life!!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: Skydogs on April 19, 2018, 02:11:26 PM
Perfect yes thank you then I can throw on a flash and upload in to car right?
Thank you so much
Correct..Blank new (or erased) FAT32 formatted thumb-drive made of a good quality prefered.
I hope the ^^^ link is functional  .Z
! No longer available

Skydogs

Thank you for all your help man!! I dont use apple devices is this update worth doing still?
Boost and meth life!!

ZSHO

Quote from: Skydogs on April 19, 2018, 04:10:12 PM
Thank you for all your help man!! I dont use apple devices is this update worth doing still?
If you have the latest A-7 or A-8 maps its probably worth it IMO,especially if you have the optional massage seats which gives you the option to control the settings through the Sync screen which is a really cooooool feature on the 2015s.  Z

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on April 19, 2018, 04:31:45 PM
If you have the latest A-7 or A-8 maps its probably worth it IMO,especially if you have the optional massage seats which gives you the option to control the settings through the Sync screen which is a really cooooool feature on the 2015s.  Z
Settings as in activate the massage features from Synch?  That is pretty cool.  Is there a place that lists the changes thru the various synch versions?  I will have to check what version I have when I get home, just be nice to know all the changes before make the jump.  My luck they would remove some feature that I actually like and use.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on April 19, 2018, 05:09:03 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 19, 2018, 04:31:45 PM
Settings as in activate the massage features from Synch?  That is pretty cool.  Is there a place that lists the changes thru the various synch versions?  I will have to check what version I have when I get home, just be nice to know all the changes before make the jump.  My luck they would remove some feature that I actually like and use.
Correct through the Sync screen! Sorry only available on the 2015 + as noted ^^^ with Multicontour seats.  Z   :(

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/seats/multicontour-seats-with-active-motion-2.html?model=Focus&year=2015

compcons

ZSHO,

Thanks for the files.  I am going to try to add NAV and the A7 maps this weekend.  Looks like the update is a prerequisite so I will waste some gas doing that first.

My Ford site still says I am up-to-date at 3.6.  There was (2015!) a Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team member contributing in a few other forums (a Hybrid fusion and Explorer forum) who was collecting VINs to help resolve the "you are up to date" issue.  Not sure if she is still active, but  some may want to go have their Ford page updated. Post #17

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/10558-version-38-available/

compcons