• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS V11 Tune On My 2016

Started by StealBlueSho, April 17, 2018, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Very impressed with it! It targeting just about 14PSI and has the same spark as my Alky tune from them for my 2010.. needless to say it hauls ass! Thats about a 1.5psi more of desired tip... I think this new SHO is gonna be fun! CAI comes tomorrow. I must say, it appears the remote tunes from LMS are more aggressive on the 2013+ than the 2010-2012 models, which is nice to see. 

derfdog15

Quote from: BJSHO on April 17, 2018, 06:11:16 PM
Very impressed with it! It targeting just about 14PSI and has the same spark as my Alky tune from them for my 2010.. needless to say it hauls ass! Thats about a 1.5psi more of desired tip... I think this new SHO is gonna be fun! CAI comes tomorrow. I must say, it appears the remote tunes from LMS are more aggressive on the 2013+ than the 2010-2012 models, which is nice to see.

It's 'cause the 13+ is better  :alkashi: :popcorn:
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

J-Will

I know you said you're taking it easy with the new SHO but when you do Alky again, just note that I'm in Woodbridge and your install will turn into 2 :)
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Livernois Motorsports

Glad you are impressed with the tune and glad you are enjoying the car! Keep us updated on how she runs and any other thoughts on the tune!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 18, 2018, 10:38:50 AM
Glad you are impressed with the tune and glad you are enjoying the car! Keep us updated on how she runs and any other thoughts on the tune!

Oh I have thoughts!!! LOL... Let me get through this bad tank of gas that I had to drop some E85 into to bring up to par.... but the V11 tune is pretty stout, it is hard on the fuel rail though, but its cold and I am mixing a little E85 into so that doesn't help.

I do like that fact that its a more aggressive than your 2010-2012 tunes... honestly, from what I have seen and been tuned by, on 93 Octane with a stock fuel system, this V11 tune is  pushing things right to the limit. Its seem the sweet spot for boost with no added  help of meth or a fuel pump is right around 14PSI desired with around 23 degrees of spark on the top end... which is what this tune hits. I am curious why the 2010-2012 tunes from LMS don't hit that mark? In any event.. its a good tune thus far...and I monitor the crap out of my tunes with my SCT gear.. 

bamsho

More than likely due the differences in ECUs, cause the drivelines and powertrains are the same.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

lamrith

Quote from: derfdog15 on April 18, 2018, 09:12:17 AM

It's 'cause the 13+ is better  :alkashi: :popcorn:

Heh

I have a feeling your old car was a bit of an anomoly based on all the tuners you tried that had issues.  In the end she was a beast, but obviously not typical. 

One big question, with all this newfound, easy to unleash power, how long until you replace the stock tires and what will you go with knowing that now you can disable nannies and get past any initial launch traction issues?  I am not sure any tire aside from drag oriented would have held your old car out of TC interference, now you no longer have that concern, so will you run the Comp2 again?  Indy 500, Conti Extreme summer's...?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

My 2010 was... frustrating.. but would take out a C7... which I miss that power.. but I don't miss all the weird issues...

The stocker tires are fine for now... I am not pushing enough power yet to worry about them... I have played a little with the sport mode advancetrac off... it gets off the line a lot cleaner for sure... not sure though if that is not just updated logic in the new 2013+...

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: BJSHO on April 18, 2018, 11:23:10 AM
My 2010 was... frustrating.. but would take out a C7... which I miss that power.. but I don't miss all the weird issues...

The stocker tires are fine for now... I am not pushing enough power yet to worry about them... I have played a little with the sport mode advancetrac off... it gets off the line a lot cleaner for sure... not sure though if that is not just updated logic in the new 2013+...

When did you get your tune for v11?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 18, 2018, 05:12:58 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 18, 2018, 11:23:10 AM

When did you get your tune for v11?

Dave literally just shipped back my tuner this past Friday. If it's not the latest I would be floored...

And my 2010 was hopped up on meth on top of all the bolt ons and custom tune... no way a basic 3BAR tune with Tstat and intake are gonna touch it...

I appreciate it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twintrbskies

Quote from: BJSHO on April 18, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

I do like that fact that its a more aggressive than your 2010-2012 tunes... honestly, from what I have seen and been tuned by, on 93 Octane with a stock fuel system, this V11 tune is  pushing things right to the limit. Its seem the sweet spot for boost with no added  help of meth or a fuel pump is right around 14PSI desired with around 23 degrees of spark on the top end... which is what this tune hits. I am curious why the 2010-2012 tunes from LMS don't hit that mark? In any event.. its a good tune thus far...and I monitor the crap out of my tunes with my SCT gear..

Livernois, I would be curious as well on the differences of tunes between 2010-2012 and the 2013+. I realize what differentiates the two but as a consumer I am intrigued in the limits of your safe tunes on different powertrains.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Twintrbskies on April 19, 2018, 12:33:21 AM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 18, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

Livernois, I would be curious as well on the differences of tunes between 2010-2012 and the 2013+. I realize what differentiates the two but as a consumer I am intrigued in the limits of your safe tunes on different powertrains.

From what I can see is that with the 2013+ cars, you have more command over fueling which is where our cars fall flat on the higher tunes... strictly speaking my 4+X Race tune from LMS on my 2010 commanded 15MPa of rail pressure and the 2016 V11 tune commands a touch over 16MPa...

There are also a crap load of stuff available in the 2013+ due to the better ECU that can be changed... at least from what I hear.. I am not a tuner but fairly versed at reading datalogs.

AJP turbo

You can command any amount of fuel pressure on either car...Actually the 10-12' cars keep the fuel pressure much more stable. I'm not talking about fuel pressure dips but rather there is no fuel pressure issues the high spikes are way better controlled...I have no idea why

Look on this pic of a 2011 after the fuel dips look at how flat the fuel pressure is compared to the 13' in Blue

I think the feedback to the controller is interpreted differently and the corrections are handled differently.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress