• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Discontinuing Vehicle Health Report

Started by bpd1151, April 16, 2018, 11:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Received an email from FMC today regarding the SYNC & the "Vehicle Health Report" notifying owners that the service is being discontinued.

Doesn't really bother me, as I think I've done one solitary health report since having purchased my SHO. But for others, this may be of note.

Here are the contents of the email I received:

"We'd like to thank you for registering this email to receive complimentary Vehicle Health Reports for your 2010 Ford Taurus. We hope that you have enjoyed this service that we've offered over the years to Owners of 2008 - 2016 Model Year Ford SYNC-equipped vehicles.

Unfortunately, the necessary decision has been made to discontinue this service and we want to make sure that you're aware of how this impacts your receipt of the reports. Consistent with the Terms & Conditions in the user agreement and starting August 1st, 2018, this change will result in the following:

Vehicle Health Information will no longer be sent through the mobile phone associated with this account

Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be sent to this Email

Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be available on the Ford Owner website.

For more information regarding this change, including alternative ways to obtain Vehicle Health information, please review this Frequently Asked Questions page on the Ford Owner site.

Again, we appreciate you taking advantage of this complimentary service that we've brought to Ford Owners over the years and want you to know that you can still take advantage of the many technology features available in your vehicle. If you are not already aware of these features, click here and select the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle to find out what options are available.

Thank you for being a member of our Ford family and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!"

SHOdded

Couldn't you get insurance discounts by periodically submitting VHRs?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on April 16, 2018, 11:43:38 AM
Couldn't you get insurance discounts by periodically submitting VHRs?
Ha!

Not on a race built motor, with upgraded turbo's, exhaust, methanol, etc.

$h!t c'mon now Manu..... Lol. Submitting VHR's is certainly NOT in my best interests by any means.

Thus why I did one, when I first owned the car, but for quite obvious reasons, haven't performed any since. Nor care to.

But, for those who do, this (drastic) change in service offerings from FORD, may be of interest.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

I could never get it to do anything even when I had the bad crank bearings so I figured it was a dealer thing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

It sounds like their cutting down on costs to the consumer IMO! I wonder if the 911 Emerg. Assist Feature will be next on line.  Z  :no:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mjhpadi

Could be that it just wasn't being used. Like BPD. I think I have only ever ran one report on the SHO and 1 report on our Explorer....and that's almost 8 years of owning the SHO and almost 4 years of having the Explorer.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350