• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PID for engine oil temp? 2016 3.5l eb

Started by Ryan_Feagan, April 09, 2018, 03:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan_Feagan

I've looked all over the interwebs and played with my sct x4, torque pro app, and SCT livelink software... And cannot find a way to display or datalog engine oil temp.

What am I missing?

Or, does that sensor just not exist on 2016 3.5l eb?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

derfdog15

I'm not sure if there is an oil temp PID, I don't recall one in my logs. However there is a Cyl Head Temp PID which should be close to oil temp. Do you have DMRs available? If so, there are extra options there. Hopefully FoMoCo and/or AJP and/or one of the other PID Gurus will chime in.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

Let me know if you find one for engine oil pressure also LOL.  Ford apparently considers these the same as the coolant gauge, giving you "dumb" readouts, if at all.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Ryan_Feagan on April 09, 2018, 03:11:29 PM
I've looked all over the interwebs and played with my sct x4, torque pro app, and SCT livelink software... And cannot find a way to display or datalog engine oil temp.

What am I missing?

Or, does that sensor just not exist on 2016 3.5l eb?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
There is no sensor, EOT is inferred....so there most likely is a pid for it buried deep but no one has figured it out yet.

AJP turbo

I'm definitely not a pid guru but on some strategies the engine oil temp is a DMR and like fomo said it's inferred...there are compensations in the tune for eot so something should exist for it
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 09, 2018, 09:36:49 PM
I'm definitely not a pid guru but on some strategies the engine oil temp is a DMR and like fomo said it's inferred...there are compensations in the tune for eot so something should exist for it
The 2015 had the DMR in SCT but it never functioned.

There were actually quite a few that validated but had no output.

mjhpadi

I have both an oil pressure and oil temperature gauges in my gauge pod and it has proven very helpful.  I again must promote having your used oil checked by Blackstone Labs.  They tell you a ton if info about what is going on with the engine and lubrication.  For 25 bucks it is a great deal. FYI, I am planning on having them do the oil in my Mustang when it is due for a change and also retesting the SHO oil in about another 8K miles.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350