• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

0 - 60 GearHead tune

Started by StealBlueSho, April 04, 2018, 09:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Just quick zero to sixty after getting the final tune from Matt over at Gearhead. Granny stomping it..a little bit of a hill... I live at the base of blueridge.. hard to find a flat spot lol.. even our local 1/8 mile track at Sumerduck is slightly uphill while the stopping is down hill...

Using my phones stop watch I think it clocked around a 4.2 zero to sixty... not bad for not launching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1yQ4XS4ZU&feature=youtu.be

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dubcitySHO

:icon_horns2: 

Gonna break some hearts at the drag strip this year!!
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

Quote from: dubcitySHO on April 05, 2018, 08:05:52 AM

Thats always the plan! I an hoping for consistency this year so I can try my hand at brackets.. we will see... Worst case scenario is I can do it with the LMS tune as its stupid consistent, but several tenths slower. 

Brucelinc

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 05, 2018, 01:35:07 PM
Quote from: dubcitySHO on April 05, 2018, 08:05:52 AM

Thats always the plan! I an hoping for consistency this year so I can try my hand at brackets.. we will see... Worst case scenario is I can do it with the LMS tune as its stupid consistent, but several tenths slower.

When I did some bracket racing, I dialed in a 13.0 even though I could run 12.7.  Made it easier for me to concentrate on a good reaction time knowing I could always let up a bit toward the end.

Skydogs

Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to see what 1/4' mile times you get with Matt's tune. Any other changes to car? Tires? Suspension set up? Weight?
Thanks
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Skydogs on April 05, 2018, 03:43:50 PM
Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to see what 1/4' mile times you get with Matt's tune. Any other changes to car? Tires? Suspension set up? Weight?
Thanks

No changes.. other than a tuning.

Skydogs

When are you gonna make it to your track?
Thanks
Boost and meth life!!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Skydogs on April 05, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
Thanks

Hoping next week... I know I will be able to hit my local 1/8 mile.. not 100% if I can get to capital Raceway on Friday.

Skydogs

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 05, 2018, 06:45:51 PM
Quote from: Skydogs on April 05, 2018, 06:26:28 PM
Thanks

Hoping next week... I know I will be able to hit my local 1/8 mile.. not 100% if I can get to capital Raceway on Friday.

Sweet man go get them man!!!
Boost and meth life!!

StealBlueSho

Much like everyone else that takes their SHO to the track, we do tend to surprise a lot of people! I'm sure you will too!

MeanKS

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 04, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Just quick zero to sixty after getting the final tune from Matt over at Gearhead. Granny stomping it..a little bit of a hill... I live at the base of blueridge.. hard to find a flat spot lol.. even our local 1/8 mile track at Sumerduck is slightly uphill while the stopping is down hill...

Using my phones stop watch I think it clocked around a 4.2 zero to sixty... not bad for not launching...

very nice!

which exact tune do you have?  i'm not familiar with Gearhead.

what other engine mods, specifically?
MKS-EB...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MeanKS on April 06, 2018, 11:04:51 AM
Quote from: stealbluesho on April 04, 2018, 09:15:50 PM

very nice!

which exact tune do you have?  i'm not familiar with Gearhead.

what other engine mods, specifically?

Probably should put that back into my signature...

Airaid CAI, catted DPs, Megan Coilovers, 3BAR, borla exhaust, 3rd cat delete, and Alky meth...

Twintrbskies

Forgive the new guy question... Does the tune have different shift points per gear? Looks like in first it shifts @5500 and second shifted at 6200? Kinda like that.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

Skydogs

Quote from: Twintrbskies on April 07, 2018, 12:58:24 PM
Forgive the new guy question... Does the tune have different shift points per gear? Looks like in first it shifts @5500 and second shifted at 6200? Kinda like that.

Yeah good question I saw that as well.
Boost and meth life!!