• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Taurus will be discontinued

Started by TopherSho, April 04, 2018, 04:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

Quote from: MeanKS on April 22, 2018, 02:44:56 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on April 22, 2018, 10:41:12 AM
SHO owners who want a 4 door that runs pretty well and can be had relatively inexpensively might want to consider a used 3.0 Lincoln MKZ.  Livernois has a tune for them and AJPturbo can tune them, too.   My Continental will run in the 12s with AJPturbo's tune and he has indicated that he can improve the transmission performance to make it even quicker.   MKZ's are lighter than Continentals so with the right tuning, low 12s are quite doable.

saw the Conti up close and personal when i was at a Lincoln dealership getting my new tires mounted.  much more impressive looking in the flesh and up close than in pics!

still, Ford should not have released it until they had at least an 8spd transmission available for it!  would have cut standard 0-60 times by at least half a sec if not 1sec.

i felt Lincoln went too conservative on the Conti's design.  doesn't have to be brash, but Lincoln needs their cars too stand out in the crowd.

I totally agree the Conti is much too conservative and that the 6 speed transmission is lacking.    However, keep in mind it is the same transmission as in the SHO so with proper tuning it does well in performance.  For the Conti, in stock form, they built in way too much torque management.

LastSHOquestions

Hello, I am in the market for a new car in 2019.  The SHO is one of my contenders.  I have the mod bug (2003 Cobra in the past) but now I prefer 4 door sedans and comfort.  The SHO seems to fit what I am looking for.

None of the dealers have gotten back to me about a 2019 Taurus SHO as far as being able to order one - I tend to order my cars, not buy them off the lot unless they just happen to have what I wanted.

QUESTION:  SHO performance pack.  I was told I should not get it if I plan to go with the T550 pack (upgraded turbo) from Livernois.   What are your thoughts on this?  (yes I plan to change the PTU fluid regularly)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: LastSHOquestions on May 07, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Hello, I am in the market for a new car in 2019.  The SHO is one of my contenders.  I have the mod bug (2003 Cobra in the past) but now I prefer 4 door sedans and comfort.  The SHO seems to fit what I am looking for.

None of the dealers have gotten back to me about a 2019 Taurus SHO as far as being able to order one - I tend to order my cars, not buy them off the lot unless they just happen to have what I wanted.

QUESTION:  SHO performance pack.  I was told I should not get it if I plan to go with the T550 pack (upgraded turbo) from Livernois.   What are your thoughts on this?  (yes I plan to change the PTU fluid regularly)

I have not heard this... LMS is VERY good about answering questions. I would personally call them as there tends to be a lot of mis-information online.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of one single reason why the performance package would cause an issue.

As a matter of fact, I would think the Performance Package would be ideal for the T550 package. For the additional aux coolers plus being able to just about fully disable advancetrac which is important if you are looking for big power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Yes, you'll want the PP equipped pkg for all the added auxiliary coolers that are not found in a non-PP equipped SHO.

It used to be, for the '10, '11, and '12 model years there wasn't much difference between the two (other than gearing 2.77 for the non-PP, & 3.16 for the PP cars).

But that changed in 2013 and subsequent years.

Speak directly to LMS. They are well versed in this platform and they actually make lots of go fast parts in addition to the tuning.

Good luck and enjoy.

Brucelinc

The order bank for Taurus is scheduled to open on June 11.  Job 1 is in September.  A 2019 order in June would likely mean delivery in late October or November.   Things change but that info was accurate as of February and I haven't seen any updates.

5ohSHO

You might be able to see if your dealer could find one at another Ford dealer that has the specific options you want. I told my local dealer exactly what I was looking for and they found one on another dealer's lot that had what I wanted. They agreed to a 1 for 1 inventory swap and sent a truck and trailer 800 miles to pick it up. I paid for the shipping, but since it was still considered dealer stock all of Ford's current price incentives still applied to it. I'm not sure if that would be the case if you ordered one, but your dealer could tell you for sure, if they get back to you. You also wouldn't have to wait several months for the car to arrive. Interesting side note, my dealer didn't even know the SHO had a PP option until I told them.

LastSHOquestions

I have the 2019 order guide (PDF file).  The only change is a color replacement:  Agate Black