• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Taurus will be discontinued

Started by TopherSho, April 04, 2018, 04:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/04/ford-taurus-join-fiesta-way-door-report/#more-1619894

No more Taurus :( .. bummed .. I was hoping to see a platform diet and the 3.0 come down from lincoln-land.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MeanKS

Quote from: TopherSho on April 04, 2018, 04:25:24 PM
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/04/ford-taurus-join-fiesta-way-door-report/#more-1619894

No more Taurus :( .. bummed .. I was hoping to see a platform diet and the 3.0 come down from lincoln-land.

well thats basically the Fusion Sport, isn't it...

i think its a decent replacement, especially once Ford puts either their 8spd or GM's 9spd transmission in it.  of course it won't have the broad shoulders and stance our cars have.
MKS-EB...

ZSHO

NO SHO @ NY CaR SHO this year. Z.   :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Skydogs

Yeah kind of sad.... but I feel it will make the last gen more popular. After owning mine for 6 months I am still very impressed on everything this car does so well!!
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

We will see.... the Ford Taurus has been a ford staple for decades... they tried to rebrand it the Ford 500 but that went horrible.. and they brought "back" the Taurus...

Historically every time they pull or talk about pulling the Taurus, it's always finds away to come back...

However, if they do, then the last domestic four door will be the Dodge Charger and CTS-V (although I don't count it cause it's twice the price of the charger cause it's "luxury") that have any balls...

I'll stick with my SHO thank you... lol

EcoAbe

If anyone is looking for one last hurrah on a new SHO, at least there will be an opportunity to buy a new Taurus for at least one more model year. Might not be refreshed or changed in any way beyond potential color options, but at least you could get a 0 miles vehicle with a new interior, new engine, different features you don't currently have etc.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

StealBlueSho

Maybe.. but at this point... I am gonna continue to enjoy the shocked and sad faces of all the charger, mustang, challenger, Camaro, etc owners when my 2010 Taurus SHO leaves them wanting....

Vortech347

Sedans aren't selling well.  At least Ford ones.  So they are spending more R&D into the fru fru princess crossover's and the Explorers. 

The good news is though Ford is bringing a new Wrangler style vehicle so you can go offroad again.

Once the warranty is up on my SHO I'm going elsewhere for my next 4dr sedan.  Probably a Chevy SS or *cringe* maybe.... a Dodge...I feel dirty for saying that.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Vortech347 on April 21, 2018, 02:31:34 PM
Sedans aren't selling well.  At least Ford ones.  So they are spending more R&D into the fru fru princess crossover's and the Explorers. 

The good news is though Ford is bringing a new Wrangler style vehicle so you can go offroad again.

Once the warranty is up on my SHO I'm going elsewhere for my next 4dr sedan.  Probably a Chevy SS or *cringe* maybe.... a Dodge...I feel dirty for saying that.

Can't fault you for the Chevy SS... it's an awesome sedan! I have test driven a couple but couldn't come to a good price either time.

The dodges are quick but I can't get over the interiors on them and small trunks... not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubcitySHO

I wouldn't hesitate to let go of my SHO for a SP Charger, but they command to high of a price for my liking.  Price to pay for 485 factory fresh N/A ponies.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Yes. The SS is done too. But it is more desired.

Vortech347

Quote from: BJSHO on April 21, 2018, 06:58:37 PM
Yes. The SS is done too. But it is more desired.

RWD, V8, manual trans, and magnaride.  Heaven....I'll try to snag a CPO style that's been leased.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Brucelinc

SHO owners who want a 4 door that runs pretty well and can be had relatively inexpensively might want to consider a used 3.0 Lincoln MKZ.  Livernois has a tune for them and AJPturbo can tune them, too.   My Continental will run in the 12s with AJPturbo's tune and he has indicated that he can improve the transmission performance to make it even quicker.   MKZ's are lighter than Continentals so with the right tuning, low 12s are quite doable.

MeanKS

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 22, 2018, 10:41:12 AM
SHO owners who want a 4 door that runs pretty well and can be had relatively inexpensively might want to consider a used 3.0 Lincoln MKZ.  Livernois has a tune for them and AJPturbo can tune them, too.   My Continental will run in the 12s with AJPturbo's tune and he has indicated that he can improve the transmission performance to make it even quicker.   MKZ's are lighter than Continentals so with the right tuning, low 12s are quite doable.

saw the Conti up close and personal when i was at a Lincoln dealership getting my new tires mounted.  much more impressive looking in the flesh and up close than in pics!

still, Ford should not have released it until they had at least an 8spd transmission available for it!  would have cut standard 0-60 times by at least half a sec if not 1sec.

i felt Lincoln went too conservative on the Conti's design.  doesn't have to be brash, but Lincoln needs their cars too stand out in the crowd.
MKS-EB...