• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Post your times here!

Started by EcoPowerParts, November 05, 2012, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Congrats!  Nice to see an official confirm of what we have been feeling in the butt dynos!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

PokerMunkee

Nice,  a 12.7 luxury cruiser is balling!   Is the 4x 93 only or can you run 91?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

TuxedoSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on June 13, 2014, 10:48:45 PM
Its 93 only. I ran the same tune today at Milan and was only able to pick up about a tenth overall bringing me to 12.76 @ 107. I did however notice that I had more trouble hooking than before. My 60ft suffered a little bit. Not bad by any means but i think it wad better on the old tune and factory all seasons. I think if I can get my wheels to stick that should be worth at least another tenth or so.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

donky4444

Quote from: TuxedoSHO on June 13, 2014, 10:55:03 PM
Its 93 only. I ran the same tune today at Milan and was only able to pick up about a tenth overall bringing me to 12.76 @ 107. I did however notice that I had more trouble hooking than before. My 60ft suffered a little bit. Not bad by any means but i think it wad better on the old tune and factory all seasons. I think if I can get my wheels to stick that should be worth at least another tenth or so.

I have a 93 and a 91 version on my MyCal. Just in case I run into an area without 93. I noticed the same thing with traction. Tonight is the first time I could spin them. I do a quick launch to clean the tires and they spin a bit there and then launch at the light at 2,200 RPM. Now I spin on launch but not much. I had one launch that I spun more than the rest and could feel the rears break free for a quick second.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

TuxedoSHO

Quote from: donky4444 on June 13, 2014, 11:00:05 PM
Quote from: TuxedoSHO on June 13, 2014, 10:55:03 PM

I have a 93 and a 91 version on my MyCal. Just in case I run into an area without 93. I noticed the same thing with traction. Tonight is the first time I could spin them. I do a quick launch to clean the tires and they spin a bit there and then launch at the light at 2,200 RPM. Now I spin on launch but not much. I had one launch that I spun more than the rest and could feel the rears break free for a quick second.
They gave me a 91 tune too but that was the regular 4+, modified so the ecm could read the 3 bar sensor. The 93 had the changes from Dave's dyno session. Spoke with the guys from LMS tonight and they said they didn't feel comfortable running the more aggressive tune on 91 octane

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

Silver14Ti

I went to the track Friday night. I've driven a lot of quick cars... from low 9-second 1/4 miles and up and must say these cars, at least FWD, are very hard to launch with a tune. Stock, no problem, but tuned, the power/tq comes on quick and you get a lot of wheel hop/spin. On the street it spins and goes, but at the track it hopped so bad, I felt like I was going to break something and lifted on several passes.

Stock, I ran 15.04 and with the Livernois 93 octane tune only, my best was 14.39. After several aborted passes I decided to call it quits. It's not a race car by an means, I just wanted to get an idea of what it would run. I found the best results by running with traction control off, leaving from idle and rolling into the throttle. My best pass was after they sprayed the track with VHT and I literally had no wheel spin, it hooked and went.

I would have to think an AWD car that could be brake boosted and launch with very little spin could go 13's tune only.

As you can see by the 60' on this pass, the track was perfect and it didn't spin at all. All other 60' were in the 2's.

The guy with the ST had a headrest mount and sent me video of a pass. You can't see me creeping ahead until around :20 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CJUFZr9Ao&list=UUSj-AucSRC-1_XN_2B2yO5Q
2014 Fusion Titanium FWD - Livernois Motorsports MyCalibrator Tuner, Eibach Springs, Tinted Glass, WeatherTech Floor Liners

SHOnUup

Ran a 12.7582 at Milan on the 13th...time slip is in vehicle specific section...tune only

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Ok...Figured this is the place to post the times slips...so these are the best 2 of 5 runs with the slowest run being the first run of 12.900...

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

steve142857

I went to the track only for the second time of the season this spring/summer. It was Car Fever Event at Napierville Dragway. It was a beautiful day, temps around 75F, sunny and a slight Wind in the face. Dragtimes calculated density to be of 1254... I have driven the car in much better DA than that, so I was not expecting any records, especially that I am still waiting for a more aggressive tune from LMS.
But, to my surprise, I ran 12.18 and 12.20! I know that if the track would be as well prepped as it was yesterday (60' of 1.72-1.73), in October that would probably translate in sub 12's. I am not giving up!
I might pay LMS a visit in September and have it dyno tuned again with a bit more tweak in the tune to reach my goal (on stock turbos).
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Txstrmhntr

Steve if you don't mind me asking. Are you using the recommended settings on your meth kit or have you played around with them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

steve142857

I went to visit Livernois in May 2013 and Dan tuned the car the best he could on the dyno but told me he lacked of time and he preferred to keep the tune more conservative than the stage 4+ I used to run on my 2010. So, no, I never played with it. He tuned it then and it has stayed the same since, I never removed the tune or played with anything. It starts spraying at around 8psi and I boost until 16-17...
I see that your best is 12.70... A few potential explanations:
- We don't have the same tune
- you have a K&N pannel
- I have a less restrictive exhaust 2.5" tubing, dynamax, X-pipe and downpipes
- My tires Hankook don't slip (I always launch Under 1.75 sec 60')
- Weather and track conditions most be favorable for me compared Texas!
Cheers!
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

ShoBoat

Steve, which Hankook tiers are you running?
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Txstrmhntr

I knew you had more mods. And my car definitely has more in it than a 12.70. Was a hot day on brand new tires when I ran that. I was more interested in the capabilities of our cars on stock turbos. :)

OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

steve142857

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 23, 2014, 01:52:41 PM
Steve, which Hankook tiers are you running?
Hankook Ventus V12 245-45-20

steve142857

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on June 23, 2014, 02:01:00 PM
I knew you had more mods. And my car definitely has more in it than a 12.70. Was a hot day on brand new tires when I ran that. I was more interested in the capabilities of our cars on stock turbos. :)

I would think that on stock turbos, with a relatively conservative tune (I mean a tune that could be driven on a daily basis), on ideal conditions, high 11.'s are reachable.