• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Got pics of the car that robbed me! Need help identifying

Started by Agentlongwood, April 02, 2018, 08:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanKS

yea, definitely a Fusion.  unless somehow the pic is stretched (east to west) and then maybe it could be a Fiesta, but i doubt it.

MKS-EB...

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Agentlongwood

Hell yes, thank you guys so much.  I looked up those "wheels" and they are hubcaps that only I'm seeing were only available on the 2013-2014 Fusion.  Combined with the tire print, I think a 2013-2014 Fusion, in gray, with 16 inch wheels and Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds, is pretty specific.  Going to talk to the investigator again today.  Even if they aren't able to do anything with it, yall have provided me with a pretty big piece of mind.  It means a lot to me guys.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

EcoAbe

Add on tinted windows too to narrow it down. Idk how vigilant the police is about window tint in your area/how many people get tinted, but its definitely an added layer.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

Skydogs

Wow yes yes yes!!! Just a matter of time now I would sure think!!
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

jman

I don't mean to disappoint you but my uncle who lives in Aventura - Florida had his Chrysler 300 SRT stolen from his drive way. They got the guy on "tape" and police didn't even care to watch it...
"is it insured?"
-"yes"
"ok then"....

Car was found and police told him where it was... he had to go pick it up alone, to where it was left by the robber.
Three weeks later same guy stole it again from his driveway, and again, police didn't care to check the video.

Hope you have better luck.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Agentlongwood

Yeah, I'm not counting on anything coming of this.  There is a lot more serious crime to address first, before getting down to theft.  But I will say the Sheriff's office that came out is one of the best police departments I've dealt with.  I had city police come one time when I had wheels stolen off of a car like 15 years ago.  They were awful.  Basically just said "ok we'll let you know if we see them."  But the Sheriff's deputies for this case have been awesome.  They went through the house, actually dusted for prints, interviewed all the neighbors on my street, and gave us all kinds of documentation to go through the ID theft process.  We called to give them more info the next day, and they said the didn't do it over the phone and had someone come back out to the house for the info.  The investigator assigned to the case is coming to my house to pick up the camera footage of the car.  I don't have any allusions about the likelihood of them catching the thieves, but I'm going to put in my due diligence and do what I can to help increase the chances of success.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

Hoping for the best for you, guy!  Sometimes the power of prayer does move the stars, so ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: jman on April 03, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
I don't mean to disappoint you but my uncle who lives in Aventura - Florida had his Chrysler 300 SRT stolen from his drive way. They got the guy on "tape" and police didn't even care to watch it...
"is it insured?"
-"yes"
"ok then"....

Car was found and police told him where it was... he had to go pick it up alone, to where it was left by the robber.
Three weeks later same guy stole it again from his driveway, and again, police didn't care to check the video.

Hope you have better luck.

Sadly, that's been my experience too.  A few years back some slimmy thieves climbed the light towers at the ballpark my kids play baseball at and clipped the power lines that run up to them and pulled all of the wiring pulled out from the poles and the wiring in between the poles.  Thousands of dollars of damage.  Someone found some of the tools they used (thinking they may have been scared off and left them behind) so they left them where they were thinking maybe some prints could be pulled from them.  The local "investigators" laughed at the notion and told them "this isn't CSI" when someone showed them to them.  This isn't a public field, it's a private field with hundreds of volunteer hours by many people and a nice donation from a local family that just likes baseball and kids.  And these are the cops that can't seem to understand why some law abiding citizens have so much animosity towards them.  They could have just bagged them up and chucked them out the window of their squad car a mile down the road for their own PR interests but they're too arrogant.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.