• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBX Catback - Install & Review

Started by gtmorgan23, April 02, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtmorgan23

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 11, 2018, 11:32:39 AM
would love to hear some fly-by vids and part throttle cabin vids of ya can! looks good tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get those for you soon and upload them to my youtube channel.

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

griggs95

The sound clips you provided sound very good. Quiet, with just a little bit of, hey there might be something under that guy's hood, kind of sound that I personally enjoy. How much you guesstimate you saved on weight?
BTW, thanks for being the guinea pig on this!
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

gtmorgan23

Quote from: griggs95 on April 11, 2018, 09:41:22 PM
The sound clips you provided sound very good. Quiet, with just a little bit of, hey there might be something under that guy's hood, kind of sound that I personally enjoy. How much you guesstimate you saved on weight?

Well the box shipped stated it weighed 65 pounds and it had at least a pound or so in packaging foam and the cardboard.

I wouldnt be surprised if the stock exhaust weighed 100 pounds. I can try to weigh it in my garage. I havent cut up the stock exhaust yet.

Im guessing 40 pounds or so. The stock exhaust is a heavy sob.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

derfdog15

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on April 12, 2018, 09:33:06 AM
Quote from: griggs95 on April 11, 2018, 09:41:22 PM

Well the box shipped stated it weighed 65 pounds and it had at least a pound or so in packaging foam and the cardboard.

I wouldnt be surprised if the stock exhaust weighed 100 pounds. I can try to weigh it in my garage. I havent cut up the stock exhaust yet.

Im guessing 40 pounds or so. The stock exhaust is a heavy sob.

Not to mention all those nasty flat spots in the stock piping, and the resonator/third cat restricting a little flow, and adding even more weight to the pipes due to the packing.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Colorado-SHOBro

gtmorgan- please make sure you contact obx and let them know about the misalignment of the exhaust tips. There's a chance they might be able to fix the issue in future runs of production.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Bronco2fan

That sounded nice, not at all what I expected. Still no loud drone? Did you have to get a new tune after install? Would love to hear a drive by getting on it.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

derfdog15

Quote from: Bronco2fan on April 14, 2018, 02:42:46 PM
That sounded nice, not at all what I expected. Still no loud drone? Did you have to get a new tune after install? Would love to hear a drive by getting on it.

I can not answer on the sound side, but no exhaust mod on the SHO requires a tune... it is recommended to get one with downpipes as you can slightly tweak some things for a little more power, and especially with catless pipes to get rid of codes/lights that you may incur.

So I guess I should say, no catback needs a tune on the SHO
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

gtmorgan23

Drive by and launch vids being uploaded to youtube now.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

gtmorgan23

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

Vortech347

That sounds really good.  It's not over raspy at all!!

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0