• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBX Catback - Install & Review

Started by gtmorgan23, April 02, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtmorgan23

I stumbled across an Amazon 42% off sale on the OBX catback. I was unable to find a single review of it for the SHO online or in any of the facebook groups that I am in.

So I figured I could be the guinea pig and clicked buy. The discounts knocked it down to 560 with free shipping so in my mind that seemed like it was worth a shot.

Install went fairly smooth, honestly the hardest part was getting the 4 nuts off of the connection between the stock downpipes and stock exhaust.

The mid pipe bolted up cleanly to the factory downpipes. I used the provided new nuts and gaskets.

I will say the band clamps for the back section stink and I am going to get the tip/muffler section welded.

The stock exhaust is freaking heavy so Id imagine there is a decent bit of weight savings.

I dig the way it sounds. I posted videos on the FB groups and everyone seems to like the outcome.
So far I haven't found a speed that drones yet but I don't DD my SHO so I will try to drive it this weekend and continue testing it out. 
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

gtmorgan23

Picture after unboxing

I realized after i took the pic that i had some of the pipes upside down and in the wrong spot.

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

gtmorgan23

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 02, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
Sweet....Can you post vids here?

I tried to load a video that I took with my iphone but I guess its not a supported video format.

I posted videos in the facebook group that has this same name.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

SHOdded

Do you know the format?  AVI, MOV, etc?  If it is not a long video, you can def upload directly here.  Otherwise youtube is a better hosting site, maybe even imgur, for public access purposes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on April 02, 2018, 05:41:24 PM
Do you know the format?  AVI, MOV, etc?  If it is not a long video, you can def upload directly here.  Otherwise youtube is a better hosting site, maybe even imgur, for public access purposes.

I phones usually do MP4 or AVI. I had to upload my exhaust vids, etc. to Youtube, they wouldn't load back here when I tried a while back, def go with youtube OP
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

gtmorgan23

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

ZSHO

It sounds really Nice..enjoy.  :thumb:  Btw fixed the ^^^ Pic earlier.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Are the tips angled wrong?

Do they look beveled like the OEM SHO tips?

gtmorgan23

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2018, 02:16:39 PM
Are the tips angled wrong?

Do they look beveled like the OEM SHO tips?

I need to have the muffler piece welded in place. The tips arent sitting perfectly right now. That was my one complaint was the band clamps didnt tighten down enough.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

gtmorgan23

Dropped it off today to have all the band clamps removed and to have it welded.

I think long term its worth the money. Plus they are aligning the tips perfectly.

even with the welding costs its still way less than Corsa and IMO sounds pretty darn good.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on April 10, 2018, 04:41:14 PM
Dropped it off today to have all the band clamps removed and to have it welded.

I think long term its worth the money. Plus they are aligning the tips perfectly.

even with the welding costs its still way less than Corsa and IMO sounds pretty darn good.
Having lived with it a bit now, notice any drone?

gtmorgan23

So far no drone issues.

Cruising on the highway its really very quiet until you lay on it.

Its noticeable going through the gears on the street but not overly obnoxious.

So far everyone seems to like it.

The wife and I both dig the sound. Little louder than stock but not ricey or overly loud.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

Colorado-SHOBro

would love to hear some fly-by vids and part throttle cabin vids of ya can! looks good tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Wife approved?

Very impressive, lol.