• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gear Head Tune from Matt Robinson

Started by StealBlueSho, March 31, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Only because I like keep tuners in business (and I am tuner whore) after a several long discussions with Matt Robinson over at Gear Head Automotive I decided to give them a shot... for $100 I figured worst case scenario I am giving them money to invest in the platform... They are doing some cool stuff like developing new Turbo's, Intercooler, Transmounts, and probably more just for the SHO platform...

In any event, Matt and I were working together till around midnight last night getting a meth tune on my 2010 SHO... I will provide more details later when we get finished.. probably only a revision or two away would be my guess but so far its beastly and the shifting is freaking amazing. When this thing shifts it just grabs the gear and goes like a sling shot. His style to tuning is VERY different than LMS, BCB, Unleashed, and AJPTurbo so I will be very interested in what kind of times it turns at the track. The power delivery off the line is silky smooth.. one of those you look down and didn't realize your at 80mphs already...

So far I am very impressed... and being how much a of nightmare my car has been to tune on the SCT platform, I am doubly impressed with how quickly Matt has gotten the car to respond well.

BoostfoSHO

I have been itching to try his tunes but I have catless downpipes and I don't feel like dealing with a light on my dash or messing with defoulers.
It would be nice to have the option for a race tune that turn off the CEL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on April 01, 2018, 01:17:16 AM
I have been itching to try his tunes but I have catless downpipes and I don't feel like dealing with a light on my dash or messing with defoulers.
It would be nice to have the option for a race tune that turn off the CEL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yea, the EPA has been going after SCT dealers for turning off the rear O2 sensors and there are hefty fines for it from what I understand...

Unleashed no longer disabled them either from what I understand...