• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBX cat-back exhaust for SHO

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, March 28, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Figured i'd spread the news on this . . .  Just found out these are available. So far looks like the cheapest full cat-back system for our cars. However, i don't expect it to sound the greatest without a resonator and who knows what kind of mufflers are used.

https://www.amazon.com/OBX-Catback-Exhaust-Taurus-Lincoln/dp/B0777T1JQB/ref=pd_cart_vw_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0777T1JQB&pd_rd_r=C7PPNMSF7SVEWZD82N29&pd_rd_w=85QQk&pd_rd_wg=uyzh4&psc=1&refRID=C7PPNMSF7SVEWZD82N29
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Agentlongwood

The price is great, and the tips are misaligned in the product photo.  Ah... never change OBX, lol. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

FoMoCoSHO

$562.60 shipped with the 30% off promotion...

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

I noticed the prices on DP have
increased dramatically as of late with the exception of the OBX ^^^.
Good find.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

I just installed the OBX catback yesterday. I will do a post and writeup on my experience.

I saw the Amazon deal and figured Id be a guinea pic for everyone as I was unable to find any reviews after google research.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on March 29, 2018, 09:54:35 AM
I just installed the OBX catback yesterday. I will do a post and writeup on my experience.

I saw the Amazon deal and figured Id be a guinea pic for everyone as I was unable to find any reviews after google research.
Nice! make sure and include a sound clip.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on March 29, 2018, 09:54:35 AM

Are the tips oriented correctly?

Since my car is over 100K this would be an inexpensive way to replace the exhaust before sections start to fail.

If possible, could you post a close up of the tips?

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

FoMoCoSHO

Amazon reviews on their other catbacks seem promising...

Downpipes not so much.

If you have an Amazon store card these can be financed 12mos interest free .

In cart ready to pull trigger depending on gtmorgans review

Colorado-SHOBro

he posted vids on FB. actually one of the better sounding systems for our cars from my initial impression. still waiting for an update with drive by and in car sound clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

tips do need aligned tho :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.