• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Found a local deal on tires....ugh

Started by dubcitySHO, March 28, 2018, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubcitySHO

I found a set of brand new take off Pirelli P Zero's locally for a smoking deal.  Looked at them in person, and they are brand new. 

Problem is they are only a 35 series sidewall so I think the will look ridiculous.  If they weren't such a good deal I wouldn't even be partially interested but for $400 for the set it's hard to walk away from.

How bad would that low of a profile tire look on my stock suspension SHO?
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

lamrith

Quote from: dubcitySHO on March 28, 2018, 05:23:51 PM
I found a set of brand new take off Pirelli P Zero's locally for a smoking deal.  Looked at them in person, and they are brand new. 

Problem is they are only a 35 series sidewall so I think the will look ridiculous.  If they weren't such a good deal I wouldn't even be partially interested but for $400 for the set it's hard to walk away from.

How bad would that low of a profile tire look on my stock suspension SHO?
I cannot speak to how off it would look..  But, if you are in need of tires and have found these at a great price like this, maybe take to opportunity and saved $ and put it into H&R springs?  I mean if you planned to spend 800+ lets say, you could still spend that much and get springs, etc done.  Just don't tell the significant other, tell them that tires is $800 and then make it happen!

Joking aside that is usually what I do when I find a deal on something that I knew I needed and was budgeting for, take the savings and pay it forward into other wants.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

dubcitySHO

I don't NEED them, just hate to miss out on a deal. 

I'll probably buy them, mount 2, see how much gap I have, take them off, and try and make a buck on them. 
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

ZSHO

There will be a big gap indeed. Dunno. Z
245-35-20 !

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/tire/2013/1596620/ford_taurus_sho.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Brucelinc

There is about an inch difference in diameter between the 40 series and 35 series P Zeros....about 3.6%   Speedometer would be off about 2.5 MPH at 60 MPH.

P Zeros are pretty easy to come by.  Mustang guys replace them quickly.   They are an older design and not up to the standards of some of the competition.

I wouldn't run them in a climate where it gets cold unless you have different tires for winter or just park the car until summer. 

avidmotion

Not a fan, way better tires cheaper, gmax-05 or cooper zeon to name 2....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

dubcitySHO

I passed on them, and they found a new home.  I don't plan on lowering the car, and the wheel gap would have been atrocious.