• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Completely insane front end swap question

Started by Agentlongwood, March 27, 2018, 09:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Before you say it, Yes, this question is ridiculous, and I am not really serious about pursuing it.  But I am curious.  I do not like the grill on the MKS, so if you swapped the hood, quarter panels, bumper cover and headlights, could you put a SHO front end on an MKS?  I really do like the look of the MKS with the exception of that front end... And I was at the track Friday and ran into a local SHO buddy.  When looking up close it looks like the SHO grill lets a lot more air pass through then the MKS.  What with that stupid split grill and all, the middle is blocked completely!  I like the rear end better on the MKS, but that SHO grill is so good.

Yeah, it might be a horrible abomination, but hey, it might look cool.  Like a modern sileighty.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

dubcitySHO

Coming from the VW community, it was common place over there. JTI's and Getta's (ick) galore.

I would ASSUME it is entirely possible minus maybe some electrical connections for the auto leveling headlights and fog lights unless they share the same harness as the SHO's LED strips. 
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Agentlongwood

I tried mocking it up in photoshop.  It was tough to get the colors to match, but other than that... you know... I don't hate it, lol. 

dubcitySHO

I don't either, but I also like the looks of the MKS as well.  I have thought of selling my SHO and "upgrading" to the luxury of an MKS.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Agentlongwood

Forgot to swap the Ford badge to a Lincoln one. How careless, lol.  As to the MKS, yeah, it fill you with a certain sense of superiority over the Taurus peasantry.  And you can carry that sense with you everywhere. Except the drag strip.  Where they will beat you every time.  My best time is a 13.0 @ 104.  With the same mods, there's a lot of Taurus guys that have run ~12.8.  Not that it doesn't secretly drive me insane.  Totally, not at all...

In all seriousness I really do like the interior of the MKS a lot better.  The exterior has pros and cons to each, but the MKS interior really sold me on the Lincoln.  The materials and styling on the interior are substantially better.  Other than that, I think there's only a couple odds and ends that the MKS got over the Taurus.  Active noise canceling for the cabin, THX sound system, and Adaptive/Active suspension (you can adjust suspensions stiffness from the menu).

EcoAbe

While that render does look stunning with the Lincoln logo in the middle of the SHO grill (looks like a more aggressive current gen Lincoln "floating logo" grill), I believe you will run into a problem where the front fenders meet the A pillar. Perhaps a very well trained and seasoned bodyman could make the gaps go away, but I am not sure what this would do to the structure. No matter how much filler or metal is welded to the frame, it would take a lot of finesse. Even a front clip wouldn't change this as the A pillar is going to be the outlier every time.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

Agentlongwood

Wow, good catch.  Yeah that would certainly present a problem.  I'm sure with enough time and money, anything could be done.  But if it's not a bolt-on process, the it's probably above my pay grade, lol.  Ah well.  It was a bit of a pipe-dream anyway.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: dubcitySHO on March 27, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Coming from the VW community, it was common place over there. JTI's and Getta's (ick) galore.

I would ASSUME it is entirely possible minus maybe some electrical connections for the auto leveling headlights and fog lights unless they share the same harness as the SHO's LED strips.

Why bring back those terrible memories!? As a previous VW owner... I present the following license plate I used to have on my own Jetta...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!