• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Returnless to return-style fuel - what changes in PCM?

Started by kdmport, March 26, 2018, 03:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdmport

Sent my PCM in for a PATS delete and change-over to return-style just to get going.  HP Tuners VCM on the way so I can start to play.  Can anyone tell me what is done to go from returnless to return fuel setup?

derfdog15

IIRC you would adjust pressures, and possibly have a temp factor for hot gas returning to the tank. However, I haven't heard of a PCM being sent in to go return style. Is this for the bronco project?
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

kdmport

It is for the Bronco project.

I sent it in for the PATS mod, but at the same time discussing it, there was concern that the RSC module (lack thereof) would prevent the returnless from operating properly due to no-signal fuel shutoff.  So they said they could convert the PCM to function as return-style.   I have asked for clarification, no response yet and I can sometimes be impatient to learn...

SHOdded

I dont have a clue about the specifics, but since the same PCM can be configured to operate a variety of configurations, that is likely what they are doing.  Taking the asbuilt data from a vehicle that has a mechanical return, for example.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

kdmport

I know they do it in the controls pack for the FRPP crate motor - just not sure what is done.  Somehow the FPDM system is disabled.  The tank I'm waiting for has all the provisions for EFI tho, including return and in-tank pump so as long as it works... but I'd still like to know.